Author Topic: Samsung T240 (Touch of Color) monitor  (Read 1421 times)

Offline mofoqTopic starter

Samsung T240 (Touch of Color) monitor
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:31:35 pm »
I've got a T240 monitor which was exhibiting the dreaded 2-second blanking issue.
I swapped out the inverter transformer and it stopped doing the 2-second blanking issue but was stuck in some infinite loop diagnostic mode (it would display gradient in red, then one in green, then in blue, then go to greys, then it would blank out and repeat).

The low voltages check out just fine and no visibly bad caps so I figured the processing board was also fubarred (I've repaired plenty of monitors and other devices with those).

I picked up a replacement board on e**y and plugged it in.
Now the power button assembly doesn't even bother to light up and I can't even turn it on to see if the new board is good or not good.
Anyone have a way to trick/force it to turn on?  (note, I did check to make sure there weren't any obvious breaks or shorts in the traces for the touch sensor assembly all the way back to the processing board, aka "Key1", "Key2", "LED", "+3.3V", "GND" etc. and the old processing board does have a short on the regular "+3.3V"; "+3.3V_IP" is ok though)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf