Author Topic: Siglent SPD3303x-e output issue after firmware hack? (Solved! [I'm a dumbass])  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Brad808Topic starter

• Contributor
Yesterday I picked up a "new open box" Siglent SPD3303x-e (my guess is it was very lightly used and just sold as new). I got it home and checked all the channels, they seemed to all work fine. I ran it in series and parallel mode, seemed to run fine. Shorted the outputs a few times to check cc mode, everything seemed great.

This morning before work I tried to apply the firmware hack to change enable 1mv resolution. It all seemed to go well, no errors or anything like that. I could see it took and I now had 1mv resolution. Went to turn on the channel output and womp womp womp.... Incredibly slow barely moving voltage.

I thought that maybe there was an issue with the firmware, so I applied the reverse patch to take it back to a 3303x-e. The firmware seemed to take, back to 10mv resolution... But still the same issue

In my head this seems more like a hardware fault instead of a software fault? Did something not work right with the firmware? It's the hardware just total Chinese garbage? The thing has never even been under an actual load yet minus me shorting the outputs together...

I should also note that both channel 1 and 2 are having the problem. I didn't get a chance to check the fixed output before I had to leave for work.

Software version: 1.01.01.02.05
Hardware version: V3.0

Used usb connection to update and the latest version of easypower

Please see video of what's happening.
https://youtu.be/c2xlCL7b4Bo
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 01:18:56 pm by Brad808 »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SPD3303x-e output issue after firmware hack?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 12:50:26 pm »
It's working as it should with a zero current setting.  ;)

I won't say any more as you should have enough now to work it out......or RTFM.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Brad808Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 01:14:58 pm »
Yep I'm an idiot 😂. Guess that's what I get for trying to work on things when I first crawl out of bed. When I first got it home last night it came set to full current so I wasn't even thinking.

Thank you.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 01:20:02 pm »
No worries, you won't forget to have a current setting now.  ;)
Enjoy your new PSU.

Oh, BTW did you understand why the meter was creeping up ?
Because it's a HiZ load it allowed the voltage to slowly build whereas if the PSU had a load on it the voltage would've remained at zero.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf