Author Topic: Siglent ssa3021x  (Read 3825 times)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent ssa3021x
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2022, 01:36:39 am »
When I normalize the signal it is a perfect flat line at 0 dBm
Sweet !
I guess you got it for a good price and with this outcome you'd be wearing a good grin.  ;D

Sounds like you're all sorted so go enjoy and do pop back again if you have any issues.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2022, 12:21:18 pm »
Then an excellent result. You bought it for a very reasonable price, and it's still under warranty.

I thought it was worth excluding that it might be a configuration/software problem before breaking the seals, but OTOH, I'm surprised it could be brought to that state by a messed up configuration.

One to remember.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2022, 09:23:43 pm »
Then an excellent result. You bought it for a very reasonable price, and it's still under warranty.

I thought it was worth excluding that it might be a configuration/software problem before breaking the seals, but OTOH, I'm surprised it could be brought to that state by a messed up configuration.

One to remember.
It certainly is one to remember but not for the fix but that the previous owner didn't even take the time to hunt into the System to find the Factory Default function.  ::)
Sad really, the previous owner is no doubt put off the Siglent brand now.

But in reality it's a sign of the times when insufficient product support from what would be known as TE dealers but they are really no better than box shufflers !
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2022, 10:04:07 pm »

It certainly is one to remember but not for the fix but that the previous owner didn't even take the time to hunt into the System to find the Factory Default function.  ::)
Sad really, the previous owner is no doubt put off the Siglent brand now.

But in reality it's a sign of the times when insufficient product support from what would be known as TE dealers but they are really no better than box shufflers !

It seems like a strange story, but it's strange to be able to pick up a nearly new SSA3021X for less than 950USD.

Circumstances can be imagined.

The initial purchaser was overtaken by some calamity, death, divorce, whatever, after the SA played up and before he could deal with it.

It belonged to a company that went bust and it was sold off with a sticker saying it was dead.

The initial purchaser was a billionaire and decided to throw it away or give it away, at the first sign of trouble.

The initial purchaser was a nutcase and after numerous silly calls, the Siglent agent had lost patience.

And so on.

Anyway, it seems to be fixed, it's a happy ending, and there are things to reflect on from this.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2022, 10:31:56 pm »
Yet the purchase price was never revealed.  :popcorn:

Still, the OP contacted Siglent or one of their US sellers and instead of them working with him to do a few simple checks as we have they just quoted a mainboard replacement.  ::)
They instead need a good kick in the balls for substandard product support.

Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline EyecueTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2022, 12:42:00 am »
Once again I thank you for your support.  I got the item off of Ebay for 900 USD and when I contacted the seller saying that it did not work correctly, they refunded me 100 USD.  The instructions dont even list the factory reset as an option in troubleshooting.  I am  not able to make a Siglent account to login and see if it was registered.  There is a problem with the website and I dont get a response to emails about the issue.

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2022, 08:14:10 am »
Who did you deal with? Was it SIGLENT Technologies America, or one of their distributors? I can see the distributors might be no more than box shifters and wouldn't have any interest in a box they hadn't shifted. I'd expect them to have some technical competence and there to be an escalation process to SIGLENT Technologies America.

On the face of it, the Siglent support operation in the US, is not very businesslike or clued up.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2022, 08:25:08 am »
Who did you deal with? Was it SIGLENT Technologies America, or one of their distributors? I can see the distributors might be no more than box shifters and wouldn't have any interest in a box they hadn't shifted. I'd expect them to have some technical competence and there to be an escalation process to SIGLENT Technologies America.

On the face of it, the Siglent support operation in the US, is not very businesslike or clued up.
TBH AFAIK just snowed under with work.
I know a few chaps there and they're pretty busy just looking after stuff and reporting feedback to HQ.
Such are the pains of a fast growing company......
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2022, 08:30:19 am »
I am  not able to make a Siglent account to login and see if it was registered.  There is a problem with the website and I dont get a response to emails about the issue.

Not great 25 years into the Internet age.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf