Author Topic: SMD fuse blown in Epson WF-7610 Printer  (Read 12400 times)

Offline Morrisohbig

Re: SMD fuse blown in Epson WF-7610 Printer
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2022, 09:52:39 pm »
I have read the whole of this thread and i like the contribution. I need help about my epson wf3720. Initially was printing blank pages. I realised fuse was broken. I replaced it and after connecting again it shoted once more. Then i used a resistor labbled "0" after reconnecting the printer never powered up. Am now so sure the printer head is the cause of the short. The mainboard does not have power transistors like other common epson model. Howver i have an image of some components i suspect are responsible. The trouble i have is getting the part number even after searching the numbers written on the components. Please assist to know what components i shud replace to have my main board powering again. The main board number is CF24 or assy 2179507. I have attached the images of the components.

Offline Morrisohbig

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 04:54:08 pm »
Hello. Did any one find out the solution to the problem of a broken fuse in these epson printers. I have a wf 7830 that had a broken fuse. I replaced the fuse but the printer keeps bringining same fuse error. Could there be something else that would be blon in the pcb? And what could it be?

Offline EHTTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2022, 11:12:50 pm »
Yes, on mine, and apparently morrisohbig's, the cause is the print head. This does not seem to be available as a spare part and also seems to be difficult to replace because it needs recalibrating / aligning. I was annoyed because it wastes the whole machine. Perhaps you can order it from Epson but inevitably would cost more than the entire printer new.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2022, 05:38:30 am »
Spare printheads are apparently available on AliExpress, for substantially less than the price of a whole new machine. The mainboard too.

The following users thanked this post: EHT

Offline 2N2222A

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2022, 09:36:10 pm »
Spare printheads are apparently available on AliExpress,
If it's anything like eBay, then they are pulled from junked printers and sold as new, even with imitation factory sealed packaging. If the printer is still in production, then maybe there are new print heads being sold.

When you buy a printer, think about getting one with a replaceable print head, and buy the spare print head within a couple of years since they change the ink and print head design frequently so the old parts are soon no longer available.

Offline EHTTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2022, 10:54:09 pm »
think about getting one with a replaceable print head, and buy the spare print head within a couple of years

Makes a lot of sense, but which mfr/models make these available? Epson seem to make these printers as "loss leaders" - the printer is incredibly cheap (WF-7610/20 < £150 for A3 ADF print & scan double sided). Makes them disposable...

Offline 2N2222A

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2022, 05:33:54 am »
I know Canon has made some with replaceable print heads. Epson certainly does not seem to have this. Their printers are dead from dried print heads all the time. Avoid HP.

The following users thanked this post: EHT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf