Electronics > Repair

So, I cleaned a laptop keyboard with isopropyl alcohol, and now it works less...

(1/2) > >>

AmmoJammo:
Old, free laptop, number 6 key didn't work...

So I flooded the keyboard with IPA, and worked the number 6 key, as well as a few others that were sticky...

It seems the laptop had a drink spilt in the keyboard before.

Anyway! the number 6 key still doesn't work, but now other keys don't always work, and at times, I get random key presses, or keys stuck "on"

|O  :-//

umm... I assume the drink was diluted, and distributed under all the other keys...

ideas? :P

wraper:
Get new keyboard (ebay, aliexperss). It's a useless waste of time to try to fix it.

Kjelt:
If this is one of those black (carbonpaint?) on goldpcb trace keyboards you probably dilluted the carbonpaint. You should have disassembled it and clean carefully each and every switch but since a new one costs $15 you probably better off buying a new one.

wraper:
It is likely just 2 polyester films with traces on them. And rubber pushers under the plastic buttons to push those films together. Once something gets between those foils, keyboard is dead. Disassembling is a one way job without any chance to assemble it back.

eurofox:

--- Quote from: Kjelt on August 19, 2014, 11:15:15 am ---If this is one of those black (carbonpaint?) on goldpcb trace keyboards you probably dilluted the carbonpaint. You should have disassembled it and clean carefully each and every switch but since a new one costs $15 you probably better off buying a new one.

--- End quote ---

I already repair a keyboard from HP3458A with new "carbopaint", you can order it on eBay US and work very well, is like new.
It normally work on all "flexible" keyboard, is a classical illness of remote controls  :wtf:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version