Author Topic: Rewiring damaged coil of a Dual motor  (Read 2089 times)

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rewiring damaged coil of a Dual motor
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2021, 05:52:23 am »
yes true i was thinking you could measure continuity to a coil wire that has actually gone around more than once ...yes you are right but its tedious and not guaranteed you have to clean off the  enamelling solder jumper, re-varnish   

If it was only a few wires I do what you propose...but its quite a few.  I'd be too yella bellied chicken I'd rather do it the long way.   But hey that's me.  If the OP wants a quick fix, sure try to identify the corresponding broken/cut wires...even some heatshrink (if it fits) can cover the joins.   It doesn't have to be pretty.   But doing so will effect the flux field.  But only a little.

Yes could be worth a try.   Looks like screw thread hit the winding...that is mounting screw as its near a mount hole.
I'd forget my Head if it wasn't screwed on!

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
Re: Rewiring damaged coil of a Dual motor
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2021, 11:45:56 pm »
However its going to be a tedious *PITA* to join and insulate them all neatly enough to be reliable and still fit in the housing so your and Andy's suggestion of a partial rewind is probably preferable. It would be worth seeing if its possible to only strip and rewind the damaged turns rather than unwinding from the winding end.  If the O.P's very lucky, It *MAY* just be possible that none of the broken turns are buried.  If any are, unwind from the end as Andy proposed.

Yeah, it does really depend on how much room you have to work with.
Joining the broken wires is only feasible if you have external room for the extra wire bulk that doing this will add.

The downside with a full rewind is that sometimes its a PITA to get your rewind to fit because it was done by machine with perfect alignment. It really depends if there is any extra winding room or not. Human rewind always ends up larger than machine wind.
Sometimes the machine wind has wires really close to the rotor core with no room for the winding to be any larger.
However, looking at his motor that doesn't appear to be an issue.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 11:52:15 pm by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf