Author Topic: Source of .brd files for Dell Inspiron 1545  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Dave TurnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Source of .brd files for Dell Inspiron 1545
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:59:56 pm »
Hi all,

I have a 9 year old Dell Inspiron 1545 with a screen fault. I have the schematics for it but have not been able to find any .brd files (or other file) openable by OpenBoardView after several days 'googling'.

Anybody know of a source?

cheers

Dave

Offline RomDump

• Regular Contributor
Re: Source of .brd files for Dell Inspiron 1545
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:30:44 pm »
Hi all,

I have a 9 year old Dell Inspiron 1545 with a screen fault. I have the schematics for it but have not been able to find any .brd files (or other file) openable by OpenBoardView after several days 'googling'.

Anybody know of a source?

I believe the Vinafix repair board has the boardview files.
--
RomDump

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:12:23 pm »
RomDump

Thanks for the info.

I have tried with Vinafix but to no avail. Probably my inability to search the site properly. However I'm not prepared to pay for a VIP membership without knowing that the .brd file I require is available.

If anyone has any other idea please let me know.

regards

Dave

Offline RomDump

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:31:39 pm »
RomDump

Thanks for the info.

I have tried with Vinafix but to no avail. Probably my inability to search the site properly. However I'm not prepared to pay for a VIP membership without knowing that the .brd file I require is available.

If anyone has any other idea please let me know.

regards

Dave

I did a google search "WISTRON DR1 ROBERTS17_DIS_-1_090519_1109 08224-1 4AQ01 DELL Inspiron 1545 " +vinafix and it appears there. Whether it is correct file is another issue. I think $10 is like the smallest VIP membership. You could probably get the file free if you do some googleing.
--
RomDump

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:18:32 pm »
RomDump

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. I'll have another look.

Note it's not an updated BIOS I'm looking for but a file readable by OpenBoardView so that I can relate the schematics (which I have) to the board layout just as Louis Rossmann does on his excellent channel.

ciao

Dave

Offline RomDump

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 03:47:33 pm »
RomDump

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. I'll have another look.

Note it's not an updated BIOS I'm looking for but a file readable by OpenBoardView so that I can relate the schematics (which I have) to the board layout just as Louis Rossmann does on his excellent channel.

ciao

Dave

If you scrolled further down you would have seen the boardview files. (08224-1.brd). BTW: There is two postings on that forum. One that has Schematics + Bios + Boardview and one that only has the bios. Just cut and paste my google search term into google and the first hit should be what you are looking for. You could probably just search for the boardview files on google because I posted the name in this post.
--
RomDump

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf