Electronics > Repair

TDS3000 series CCFL upgrade to LED

(1/3) > >>

Tracker:
Just sharing this.
Used a standard CCFM conversion kit from Banggood.
Worked out very well.

https://www.banggood.com/490mm-LED-Backlight-Strip-Light-Kit-DC-10-30V-22-Inch-CCFL-LCD-Screen-to-LED-Monitor-Module-p-1832364.html?cur_warehouse=CN&rmmds=search

Note: when cutting the strips down to size, be sure to reduce the current proportionately by using a 1k pot on the dimmer line.
The LED's are arranged in groups of 3 series , each group is in parallel.
You will need to pull the 'enable line' high to activate the converter.

The Tek 3000 series CCFL is powered from +5V which can't be used, so you you will need to locate +14v on the main control board, pins 5 & 6 if recall correctly (pin 1 is ground).

End result is a massive improvement over the old CCFL.
But you loose the brightness control from the instrument, not a big deal to be honest.

[attach=1][attach=2]

Teichhermelin:
Very nice! :-+

james_s:
Loosing the brightness control would bother me just on principal. I've never looked at the signal that controls that, is it just PWM? It may just be a matter of hooking up a wire to make that work. Certainly there are lots of LED drivers with PWM brightness controls, I've used the PT4115 IC and it has both PWM and analog support.

sean0118:
I haven't checked but from memory it should be possible to add brightness control:

www.reflektor.kz/articles.php?article_id=45

Tracker:
yep it should be.

The Banggood controller board can be adjusted with a DC level between 0 and 3 volts.
So even if the Scope generated PWM, a PWM converter board or even filter could be used.

Buy honestly I never had the need to adjust the brightness, but I guess that it would be handy if you used the scope in portable mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version