Author Topic: TDS5054B-NV signal traces  (Read 523 times)

Offline uccoskunTopic starter

TDS5054B-NV signal traces
« on: November 26, 2021, 12:52:34 am »
Hello All:

I have a TDS5054B-NV oscilloscope. It passes all tests (instrument diagnostic and SPC tests). However, I cannot get any trace on the screen.  When I turn on channels, I do not get even noise, only trigger tick and ground-level tick. Do I miss anything?

Here is the history of the oscilloscope. I bought it from eBay. It was working OK but slow. I decided to upgrade it with a new SSD hard drive, faster CPU, motherboard, and XP. Now the software works crazy fast but no trace. Initially, the tectronix gave an error like it can not communicate with the front, but now it does not show that error. Tektronix software runs fine. I remember somebody mentioned display color resolution. I tried both 16bit and 24bit color in the display setting. It still did not help.

When I upgrade the power supply, the original power supply has a special 10pin connector. Two of the pins are used to trigger on the line signal. Three of the pins, I'm not sure what it is, so I just ignored them. This is the only thing I did not do right. I hope it is not something that powers some relays or chips.

I have the original hard disk and motherboard. Now, the software stacks at the Tektronix welcome page.

Would you please let me know if you have any idea?

Thank you,
Ulas

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf