Author Topic: TEAC T-H300DABmkII, unusual failure mode  (Read 905 times)

Offline SpecmasterTopic starter

• Super Contributor
TEAC T-H300DABmkII, unusual failure mode
« on: October 25, 2018, 11:39:36 am »
I have this TEAC Tuner that I purchased of Ebay as faulty, cannot bring it out of standby mode, done all the usual things so far, checking power supply etc. and everything appears to be OK so after much head scratching I thought lets check the switches on the front panel, of which there 11 of them, and I discovered that every single one of them was open circuit and thats something that I have never come across before. Has anyone else experienced this before?

I'm just in the process of ordering some more.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mzacharias

• Frequent Contributor
Re: TEAC T-H300DABmkII, unusual failure mode
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:59:07 pm »
Worked on consumer audio gear - mostly Pacific Rim, until 2016. Tact switches are a very common problem, especially where cigarette smoke is involved.

One can check the size and footprint, and order them 100 at a time from eBay for under 5.00 U.S. - had very good luck with that.

Offline cvanc

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 02:26:49 pm »
Yes, this is a common problem.  Many of these tactile switches are quite low quality and do not last long in the wild.  Try to find actual Omron brand replacements if possible (of course the risk of fakes is high, sadly).

Good luck with your fix.

Offline SpecmasterTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 05:46:16 pm »
All fixed and working again, it was those pesky tactile switches So now I'm on the lookout for a replacement DAB module to fit the tuner. The reason for this is that I sourced the dead tuner as a donor of a DAB module for a TEAC CR-H240 receiver, which was removed and fitted and so the CR-H240 is now fully working again. Then I decided to have a go at the tuner and now that its working OK on FM and AM, I need to resolve the DAB as well so what started out as a donor is a semi working unit and with a new DAB unit will be one more in the pile of repaired gear that keeps growing, I need a bigger house  :palm: :scared:

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 09:25:30 pm by Specmaster »
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf