Author Topic: Tefal Optiss BC5000V1 Kitchen Scale  (Read 475 times)

Offline Jompy

Tefal Optiss BC5000V1 Kitchen Scale
« on: December 07, 2018, 01:03:38 pm »
First of all, let me say that I am a very new to electronics as a whole so you might need to explains things a bit more than normal  :)

Now, I've got a Tefal Optiss BC5000V1 kitchen scale that is sort of dead. When the batteries are plugged in (as soon as the batteries are in, without pressing any buttons) all the display shows is "1.0". None of the buttons do anything at all, it does not auto-power off nor does it power off using the power button.

The scale has a sensor on each foot and three (capacitive) buttons. I have attached a picture of the innerings of this thing (file too big, put it on imgur here: https://imgur.com/a/pcjaY2v).

Not quite sure if I'm doing this correctly, but I tried to measure the voltage on each of the labelled solder joints (with batteries in) by putting the multimeter's COM lead on the negative battery wire and the other lead on the solder joint being measured.

These are the voltages measured (+ red cable, - black cable)

Top left foot:
+ 1.18V
- 0.6V

Bottom left foot:
+ 2.37V
- 1.76V

Top right foot:
+ 0.00V (expect this will be the problem)
- 0.6V

Bottom left foot:
+ 1.18V
- 1.76V

Left side white cables: 1.76V

Rigth side white cables: 0.6V

Based on the pattern, I would expect the top right foot + to be getting 2.37V but that's not happening, which I expect might be the problem. However not really sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm more interested in learning about electronics than actually fixing this thing which has been broken for a couple years. But if I manage to do both in one go, even better!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf