Author Topic: lpl psu repair require sockets and plugs  (Read 1224 times)

Offline mdronicTopic starter

• Contributor
lpl psu repair require sockets and plugs
« on: December 11, 2016, 09:15:42 am »
Hi, I lost my lpl psu for my enlarger. I bought a replacement psu however the sockets and plugs are different. On my enlarger the psu only supplies the lamp a 24v 200w and the leadhas a five sided connector. The fan plugs directly. However on the replacement paying the connection is via a round three pin type that supplies both the lamp and fan.

If possible I prefer at this stage not to be too drastic and keep each as they are.  I was thinking of. Just getting the suitable replacement plug and socket and some lead and making a joining lead. However I haven't been able to find any of the right plugs or sockets. I have tried the repair department for the enlarger and they do not have any or know  where I might find them. Have included some pictures of the psi and lead to the lamp . Hopefully that someone may have some ideas. It has been suggested to convert to iec connections. ?..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:24:54 am by mdronic »

Offline JFJ

• Regular Contributor
Re: lpl psu repair require sockets and plugs
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 05:14:05 pm »
A standard 3-pin XLR plug would fit the round connector. They're available from sellers on eBay or from most electronic component suppliers, e.g:
http://www.futurlec.com/XLR-3Pin.shtml

The 2-pin connector looks similar to polarized Molex connectors:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Molex-2-Pin-Connector-Kit-0-093-3-Sets-/321658244477
but they might not be compatible.

If you cannot find a suitable 2-pin connector, and do not want to chop off the existing connector, then one option might be to fit an XLR plug to a new length of cable and wire the other end of the cable directly into the enlarger. That way, the original cable would still be available and intact, should you wish to reverse the modification. Presumably, there will be screw terminals for the cable within the enlarger,  as the connections to the halogen lamp are likely to be made with high temperature cable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf