Author Topic: TEK 754D repair  (Read 397 times)

Offline pmoyleTopic starter

TEK 754D repair
« on: July 14, 2021, 10:21:12 pm »
My 754D started giving the  ++processor fail error message on startup after the power company started power cycling every 15 minutes due to power shortage.
I read that there is a NVRAM problem - maybe bad battery or out of space. Need a data restore and maybe re-cal after module replaced.

Is there anyone out there that works on these things? Does anyone know anyone ? I have seen a bunch of posts from those who have already done it. Seems like someone would want to profit from the knowledge and setups/tools they already have. I can supply a new NVRAM module(s) - I have seen posts of people have a hard time finding them as they are obsolete.

I don't have the time and inclination to have to get into these things. 30 yrs ago I wrote code and designed 8051 interface to read write these things, but I don't have time to bother with that either. 10 yr ago I started to take a 520 apart but it was a mechanical maze and on that one I decided the effort was not worth the result. This scope is and I hear it can be upgraded to 1 GHz, so I'd be interested in that too.

It seems to work fine otherwise, but I hate that message coming up on the screen when I turn it on.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:20:09 pm by pmoyle »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf