EEVblog® Electronics Community Forum

Electronics => Repair => Topic started by: v0ltair3 on August 08, 2018, 12:55:19 pm

Title: tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot
Post by: v0ltair3 on August 08, 2018, 12:55:19 pm
Hi everyone,

I've recently purchased an old tek 2225 that has the vertical positioning pots quite damaged and is challenging to adjust.

According to the service manual, the pots (R123) are 470 ohms but I have no ideia were to find them... the most similar was on ebay someone selling the entire front board of a equivalent model where I could eventually salvage those, but I am not 100 sure about the state and 25$ for a pot is a tough...

here the pot design from the ebay bid:
(https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/oEQAAOSwmT1bMBZn/s-l1600.jpg)

Any ideia where I can find those ?? or this is really something I can't find on the regular market ?


Thank you so much in advance,
V0lt
Title: Re: tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot
Post by: bd139 on August 08, 2018, 01:35:00 pm
Not sure if you can still get them but they were made by Mullard / Philips under the CRC12 type. See datasheet here: http://server-die.alc.upv.es/electroweb/datasheet/resist/crc12.pdf (http://server-die.alc.upv.es/electroweb/datasheet/resist/crc12.pdf)

Not sure who sold them or if they continued to sell them after Philips sold off their subsidiaries who made these.

I had a 2225 and this worried me somewhat I have to admit.
Title: Re: tektronics 2225 series vertical adjustment pot
Post by: Old Printer on August 10, 2018, 01:11:23 am
I bought one of these and the horizontal pot was going bad. Had no luck with an individual pot but picked up a complete front board in perfect shape from Q Service. I was about $45 shipped to US. Not at all hard to install.