Author Topic: Help needed identifying this component  (Read 472 times)

Offline cpposteveTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Help needed identifying this component
« on: May 25, 2023, 07:36:47 pm »
Can anyone help identify this component please. initialy thought it was a diode but no cathode marking so unsure. i have 3 control board where some are short and some open circuit and need to know what they are, their purpose and where to source replacements as need to get these boards fixed. Thanks in advance

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
Re: Help needed identifying this component
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2023, 08:17:46 pm »
Is this in automotive equipment?

Is one terminal wider than the other? Not obvious on your photo as it appears that the pads have followed the component.
There is an indent at one end.
Dimensions could help... You're not doing the best to get attention.

How about MSMP15A ? (15V TVS General Semiconductor now Vishay)

Offline golden_labels

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2023, 08:29:28 pm »
While asking for component identification, always provide the context. Manufacturer, model, and subcomponent of the device it was found in, and a decent photo of component’s surroundings. It is crucial information for a successful identification.

The component bears a General Semiconductor logo, since 2001 owned by Vishay Intertechnology. From the photo it’s hard to tell the package; probably some DO-214 or SOD-128, but the size remains unknown and it’s missing the cathode marking. Vishay’s diodes body markings catalog may shine some light. Their line of TVSs has a component with “BM” marking (SMAJ15A); but — given the lack of the cathode marking and the lack of context — this is a weak guess.
People imagine AI as T1000. What we got so far is glorified T9.

Offline cpposteveTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2023, 10:04:28 pm »
Thanks for the info. i did a google reverse image search of the logo and found the manufacturer. also i figuerd it may of been a tvs as there was no cathode marking, looking this up with the BM marking does point to it being a bidirectional TVS diode rated at 15v which makes sense as this is fitted to a 12v power distribution board for a boat. this is protecting the hef4013bt's however all but 2 of these have been wiped out along the way so lots to replace on this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf