Author Topic: Tektronix CSA-8000 / TDS-8000 repair experiences?  (Read 16526 times)

Offline Vincent.P

Re: Tektronix CSA-8000 / TDS-8000 repair experiences?
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2021, 02:51:10 pm »
Dear all,
I'm looking for restore CD's for a CSA8000. It was running under W98; but i'm afraid the original disk died. Because it was alreay a 2nd hand , i unfrtunately don't get them.
Is there any one able to make copy/image of those ?
I basically need the special OS CD. It seems the application is available on Tek site.

Thank you.
Vincent

Offline dannybeckett

• Contributor
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2022, 11:00:19 am »
Dear all,
I'm looking for restore CD's for a CSA8000. It was running under W98; but i'm afraid the original disk died. Because it was alreay a 2nd hand , i unfrtunately don't get them.
Is there any one able to make copy/image of those ?
I basically need the special OS CD. It seems the application is available on Tek site.

Thank you.
Vincent

Not sure if you still need this, but see attached for .torrent file.
Use https://www.qbittorrent.org/ to download it!

Offline xerxes

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2022, 08:11:14 am »
Dear broken TDS8000 owners,

I have to say, I was reading the eevblog posts over years, and really here and there get very good advice or hints.
I have been repairing test equipment for mmm say more than 20 years now profesionally, but not for much profit, more for fun.
Since my main job is the design of radar and test equipment. But dont want to talk long here.
Here I want to give something back to the forum.
TDS8000 mostly suffer from flash corruption in the Xilinx 95xxx CPLDs. This is probably through the excessive heat on the motherboard in combination of time.
So errors look different on each scope, as bits may toggle in any of the 10 CPLDs. To find this out I sadly needed to buy 2 scopes
and read out CPLD flash contents. Since some of them have same content, i was able to reconstruct the original content.
On one PCB one CPLD was even dead.
Please find instructions attached. These files allowed me to successfully reapair two mainboards.
Please have fun and share.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 07:20:33 pm by xerxes »

Offline Yroger

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2023, 06:06:47 am »
Good morning,
I have just acquired a broken down TDS8200 and I would like to have some information concerning the operating system supplied with it as well as the possibility of obtaining a copy of it or even a disk image. The information on the web concerning this model being rare, I could not highlight if there was a correlation between this model (8200) and the models of the TDS/CSA 8000 series as well as iteration B. It seems to me that it is a special version of Windows 2000 which is installed. It also seems to me that this model (8200) must be a bit more recent than the 8000B models, well I think. In short, a lot of uncertainties and questions...
To read to you.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 11:41:13 am by Yroger »

Offline kinero

• Contributor
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2023, 08:25:21 pm »
Good morning,
I have just acquired a broken down TDS8200 and I would like to have some information concerning the operating system supplied with it as well as the possibility of obtaining a copy of it or even a disk image.

I'm looking to buy a used unit myself and came across a link on ebay (below) where the seller is selling the restore package (and even options) based on the main board version you have.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266268928704

May be worth a shot to ask.

Offline Yroger

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2023, 10:18:01 pm »
THANKS,
The price is exorbitant though. Aimed more at professionals...   :( :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf