Electronics > Repair

Tektronix MDO4104-6 Front Panel Microcontroller Failure

<< < (4/4)

joebot5:
Thanks mikehank! That would make sense. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for an MDO4K scope, or at least someone who might have one. If someone on this forum would be willing to extracting the image from the front panel micro please let me know.

hi mikehank - do you know of a website perhaps that gives the process of extracting the image off of these chips? The microcontroller is a nxp MC9S08AW60. I'm assuming it would be connecting to the front panel pcb jtag header with a programmer such as the recommended one from nxp: https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/motor-and-solenoid-drivers/powertrain-and-engine-control/universal-multilink-development-interface:UMultilink
Then in a tool such as MCUXpresso i could then read the memory on the chip and copy that as a hex file for later installation?

Thanks!

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: joebot5 on May 13, 2022, 07:02:49 pm ---i just got off the phone with Norway Labs and the price they quoted is almost the cost that tektronix quoted for their repair efforts, a bit under nevertheless. i might just try going back to the drawing board on this one unless i can justify the expense. thanks everyone!

--- End quote ---

$5k to repair this is nuts.
Surely there is someone out there with an MDO4000 who wants to make a quick buck by copying the chip?

Jwalling:

--- Quote from: joebot5 on May 08, 2022, 12:16:50 pm ---Hi Jwalling - Tek replied with saying they can try repairing the scope but the cost would be ~$5k and it may not work. They didn't offer selling me the front panel PCB. Thanks for the suggestion!

--- End quote ---

They won't "offer" selling you one.
Have you tried going here: https://www.tek.com/en/buy/request-parts-information and submitting a request?
Part # is 878-0388-01

joebot5:
Thanks Jwalling! I have not tried that avenue but I just put in a request. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

joebot5:
Hi everyone - I emailed my local rep for Tektronix and here is what he said:
"I checked with the factory and found that the front panel board for the original MDO4000 scopes is no longer available. Those scopes were discontinued almost 10 years ago."

If anyone does have an MDO4104-6 or an MDO4000 series scope (no B or C at the end) it would be great to work with you on getting the image off of the front panel PCB. Feel free to reach out to me on this forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version