Author Topic: Tektronix PowerPc in tds7xxx series monitor connection  (Read 469 times)

Offline charlydTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Tektronix PowerPc in tds7xxx series monitor connection
« on: December 27, 2020, 06:37:06 pm »
Hi i am working on a 7000 series scope (see other topic) i open this topic because i am curious if everyone ever diagnosed the monitor( &touch) connector on the PowerPC board in the Tek  7000 series

From what i found the display is a 640x480 TTL analog RGB signal. a NEC 104BLM31  also know as a NL6448BC33-29  i am looking to find a 10.4"  1024x768 screen.
if not possible directly then i will figure out to the vga output on the pc board.

but i first want to o for the internal version so then i came to the connector situated on the PowerPc board right behind the display where the lcd flatcable ends.

does somebody ever managed to get the pinout from that connector.?

i am curious to that pin out og the J190...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 03:30:49 pm by charlyd »

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Re: Tektronix PowerPc in tds7xxx series monitor connection
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 05:58:05 pm »
Does the machine support those new pixels?
If not then you still have those 640x480 pixels in your new 1024x768 screen.

One manual says that internal LCD resolution must be 640x480 and 16bit colors.
It succests that connector is something parallel.
You can test it but for that you probably need a more than mechanical adapter, since it's rather irritable if you must open and close the machine all the time.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline charlydTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Tektronix PowerPc in tds7xxx series monitor connection
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 02:44:45 pm »
Hi M K i think you are right the resolution is ok but it is the colordepth where it goes wrong and i looked to the SVGA output (ati rage 3D) which is for sure a higher res. and colordepth. so i think i am going to work out if i can fit in a 1024x768 10.4" led with USB touch.

come back on this one later.

Is there anybody who already tried this conversion?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf