Author Topic: (SOLVED) Tektronix TDS5054B, Acquisition board - info/help needed.  (Read 1173 times)

Offline acheaileTopic starter

Hello everyone, just subscribed and first post here on EEVb. I did know this very useful and informative site since some time now. And today, well i need help about a Tek scope...
Mine need the probe comp. port to be fixed. I already traced the problem to be at the output on the acquisition board. I replaced some output transistors and resistors on the front side of the acquisition board already. But there is other parts (resistors) that certainly need to be changed on the backside of the board.
My problem is : i cannot identify the value of the resistors that has overheated/burnt on the backside of my board. If another owner of this scope could take the time to look at the parts in question, or just take some enough high resolution pictures, or even better if someone has the schematic of the board, and share it to me, i would really appreciate it! Many thanks in advance for any of your help!

Attached pictures are the area of the board in question....
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:00:40 pm by acheaile »

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
Re: Tektronix TDS5054B, Acquisition board - info/help needed.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 10:56:12 am »
This picture is from a TDS5054 (non B)
Perhaps this will help. Can't see why they'd change this area of the board on a B model.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

The following users thanked this post: acheaile

Offline OH2LIY

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 02:02:05 pm »
Hi, anyone studied how to change TDS5054 -> 5104? Is there similar four resistors what is used in TDS6/7** series?

Ramppa

Offline shuvodutta

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2021, 04:42:51 pm »
@OH2LIY

Have a look at the end of this discussion thread, https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/tekscope-tds5000b-don_t-want-to-reinstall-on-fresh-os/

It's reg. TDS5054B but the Analog Front End is probably same for both TDS5054 & TDS5054B.

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2021, 10:43:55 pm »
Thank you Jwalling! Yes that section of the board look very similar on the non B version!
I can't really see the markings on the resistors (R1624, R1610, R1611, R1612, R1615, R1614) because the lighting seems to have make them look blurry.
Can you please give it a second chance and take another picture, or take note of the markings on those resistors and report it to me...?
Thanks!!

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 10:43:19 am »
Thank you Jwalling! Yes that section of the board look very similar on the non B version!
I can't really see the markings on the resistors (R1624, R1610, R1611, R1612, R1615, R1614) because the lighting seems to have make them look blurry.
Can you please give it a second chance and take another picture, or take note of the markings on those resistors and report it to me...?
Thanks!!

It's not the light so much as my crappy phone. I have a 14MP Nikon, but it won't focus closer than about a foot or so...
Here's a picture with the markings; HTH.
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix, acheaile

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 09:59:57 pm »
Awesome! Pretty confident that's all that it needs to bring back the scope to a 100% functional state.
Again, Thanks a lot Jwalling! I could not have expected anything better!

---This Topic is solved---

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf