Electronics > Repair

tl-sg108e v1 firmware search

(1/4) > >>

kokodin:
hello , i have a sick puppy  in form of 8 port gigabiy mannaged switch after firmware update failure
switch is pretty much ded without the brain , the only thing it does is power led
tplink only provides firmware patches, and probably not aplying them all in order was the problem, either way i do not have another v1 hardware switch of this type and can't pull the firmware out of it (all i have is v3, v4 , and some 5 port switches from v1 hardware but those might be different)
i pulled and saved content of the oryginal flash chip, tryed to flash it with what is on tplink site but file size is about 40% of the dumped rom
this thing is pretty old , tplink already at revision 6 with different cpu so they won't help

if anyone has working tplink tl-sg108e v1 and is willing to share the rom dump, i would be gratefull because i can't find anything by googling it

kokodin:
i did a bit of a research with hex editor

flash rom is 1 mb big
content of the flash rom on the device contain :
some code, probably a boot loader
firmware patch that apear to be flashed corectly or at least with no errors, who know if it is in the right place or not
and on the end, after firmware patch there is a bit of empty space, probably reserved for configuration, because on the very end there is some text about default vlan  number and other functions

removing the tail bits and blanking them does not seems to do anything and all firmware patches seems to be 477kb long for this hardware revision, they also apear to be similar structure inside
tl-sg105e firmware patch apear to be different thing entirely and i wouldn't be surprised if 5 port switch and 8 powr switch of the same line to use different controller chip entirely since all switches are configured by a windows aplication it might have telemetry and templates for each model separately

i don't know if flashing the entire rom would just  fix the device or would it clone someone elses switch, mac address and all, but as far as i can see firmware patch was programmed during update correctly, only who knows what else was changed in the process

DavidAlfa:
Contact TP-Link, they might help you by sending the full firmware.

dc101:
Do you know the type of flash chip is in your device? Do you have any tools to read and write to a flash chip?

dc101:
This was the only picture I could find of the TP SG108E board. I'm guessing the SPI flash is to the upper right of the main processor, and to the left of the CE FC logo. That's the most likely the chip you will need to identify.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version