Author Topic: Attempt to repair a "non-repairable" shaving machine base  (Read 214 times)

Offline psysc0rpi0nTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Attempt to repair a "non-repairable" shaving machine base
« on: February 03, 2024, 12:16:57 pm »
Hello.
A few years ago (in 2017 iirc), I bought a Philips S9521 with a base called SmartClean.
This base has at least 2 functions. 1 is to clean the head of the shaver and the other is to dry the head after the cleaning. This drying function stopped working. So I took the base to a Philips dealer and they opened the base and I was told that there is a motor that stopped working and that this motor is no longer sold.

This motor is probably responsible to suck the cleaning liquid up to the head of the shaver, from the bottom of the base where the liquid container is.
I don't remember if this function was still working but I think it was, so when I was told the motor was bad, I "didn't buy it" right away.

So, when I got home, I decided to open the SmartClean and the first thing that popped to my eye sight was this:

This is some kind of inductor / heat element that is responsible for the rying function. I see 4 wires. 2 copper wires and 2 red coated copper wires. One of these red coated copper wires is cut short. I bet this is the cause of the heating / drying function not being working.

In this case, I need confirmation of more experienced people to tell me that this is the case and that if I am able to bridge that gap, that the heating element will work again.

About the motor, I'll check it when I fix this part because it might not work if the base is not fully assembled and the liquid container is not in place due to sensors sensing the absence of the liquid container!

Another picture:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf