Electronics > Repair

TV Power Supply Repair (Vestel 17IPS20)

(1/2) > >>

smilgy:
Hi,

I was wondering if you perhaps could help me troubleshoot a TV power supply that has failed.

In my process of troubleshooting, I have found the main fuse, bridge rectifier diodes (D112, D113, D114 and D115 on the attached schematic), as well as D101, D512 and D513 in S/C. I replaced the fuse, and the mentioned diodes, however all of the above failed again, as there is probably still another short somewhere? However, I am unable to find it (relatively inexperienced in this subject). Any thoughts what I should be checking next?

Thanks,
David

inse:
This is the nastiest schematic I've seen for as long as I can remember.
It is not a document to support repair, it's an obstacle!
A dead Q301 might kill D512/513.
Only D101 broken, but not 102 and 506 (who made those references???)
Are D104 and the bridge rectifier diodes (D112, D113, D114 and D115) in parallel, or am I too stupid to read this schematic?

smilgy:
It took a bit of effort to remove q301, but I did. Would I be right in saying that it is dead judging by the tester?

wasedadoc:

--- Quote from: smilgy on August 18, 2022, 10:18:11 pm ---It took a bit of effort to remove q301, but I did. Would I be right in saying that it is dead judging by the tester?

--- End quote ---
Yes.

smilgy:
Replaced the mosfet with a close similar, and TV powers on! Time to get the correct replacement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version