Author Topic: TV’s LCD Panel is coming unstuck along the edge…  (Read 117 times)

Offline NoDowtTopic starter

TV’s LCD Panel is coming unstuck along the edge…
« on: April 07, 2024, 01:01:27 pm »
I had this happen to another TV (same brand) and was replaced under warranty… however this tv is about 4-5yrs old now so unlikely to be covered.

Basically along one edge, the panel in the middle is lifting away from the tv… at the center of the right edge there is maybe 3-4mm gap. You can push it back and it stick temporarily, but then comes loose again.

Wondering what the best way to stop this getting any worse might be… do I try to get some double sided tape in there & press it back… or maybe a couple dabs of silicone/polyurethane or something…

The TVs this has happened on are wall mounted, and do angle forward/down very slightly… so I think it’s a combination of gravity + Aussie heat softening the factory adhesive. When the first TV was replaced, the service tech did mention it was a common issue on that particular model… this one though is different (but bought around the same time, maybe a year later than the other)

Kinda worried the replacement TV might end up doing the same, it seems ok for now though.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf