Poll

Can anyone help me with fixing my U3641 advantest Spectrum analyzer or suggest someone who can at a reasonable price.

Thank you for any and all help.
0 (0%)
Any help is appreciated.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: U3641 advantest Spectrum analyzer.  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Ken121Topic starter

U3641 advantest Spectrum analyzer.
« on: March 06, 2019, 03:17:08 pm »

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
Re: U3641 advantest Spectrum analyzer.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 03:29:44 pm »

Without more information, I suggest you try Advantest.

Alternatively, have a look at https://entertaininghacks.wordpress.com/library-2/good-questions-pique-our-interest-and-dont-waste-our-time-2/

Failing that, if you look elsewhere on this forum then you will see that replacing the electrolytic capacitors solves many problems :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 03:31:27 pm by tggzzz »
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Offline SpencerTC

• Contributor
  • Curious mind
Re: U3641 advantest Spectrum analyzer.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 04:32:53 pm »
Well, without knowing a little more, there is little anyone can do.....you can't fix a problem that you have no information about.

What is wrong with it? Will it turn on? Is there any obvious physical damage (evidence of impact/water/overheating)?

What have you tried so far? Have you disassembled the instrument yet? Did you notice anything out of the ordinary when you looked in it (eg. vented electrolytics)?

Have you searched the web for common issues with this particular model? Have you searched for the service manual?

Do you have any experience repairing electronics at the component level or are you just asking if it's possible to just swap a module out and call it fixed?

Next time you make a topic, I would recommend you explain whatever it is about a little more. People can't help (and often won't want to) if they don't know anything about the issue (or about you or your reasons for wanting to do what it is you're asking)

Good luck!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf