Electronics > Repair

UT61E, as new, but needs minor repair: Details within

(1/1)

rolandpenplotter:
So, I tried to do the APO (Auto Power Off) mod to my brand new UT61E, and accidentally bridged some of the pins on the chip, and because I don't have any solder wick, I think I'll just learn my lesson and sell this one cheap to someone who has the right kit to repair it - I'll just buy another one. There is NOTHING wrong with this that a hot air rework and solder wick won't fix (one of the pads looks skewiff - slightly lifted)... but then, I don't have those:

Damage:

£20, free shipping, boxed with leads and CD etc (no battery) - who's up for it? (UK)

Wann:
You should be able to drag the solder off. Just be sure to have a newly cleaned iron with no solder on it:

rolandpenplotter:

--- Quote from: Wann on January 19, 2014, 08:17:43 pm ---You should be able to drag the solder off. Just be sure to have a newly cleaned iron with no solder on it:

--- End quote ---

That's great, but the pitch is MUCH finer than that. I just don't have the time for this right now.

Wann:

--- Quote from: rolandpenplotter on January 19, 2014, 08:34:55 pm ---That's great, but the pitch is MUCH finer than that. I just don't have the time for this right now.

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't be a problem. But flux is a nifty thing in this case.
I'm not a big fan of solder wick for removing solder bridges on fine pitch components.

Just good to know :)

rolandpenplotter:
SOLD

Thank you to the buyer - (you know who you are). Due to the rather confusing "rules" on this forum, I am not sure whether to edit the OP or delete it, in case the mod comes along and "tells me off", so this is just to say... IT HAS NOW SOLD, AND THANK YOU :)

Enjoy your evening everyone, Matt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version