Author Topic: Anyone experienced in repairing an onkyo tx-sr609?  (Read 816 times)

Offline TonymulTopic starter

Anyone experienced in repairing an onkyo tx-sr609?
« on: October 15, 2019, 12:12:42 pm »
Hi I’m new here and have an onkyo tx-sr609 that has a blown channel I have replaced the blown components but it instantly blew the new components:( please help

Offline andy3055

• Super Contributor
Re: Anyone experienced in repairing an onkyo tx-sr609?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 08:13:24 pm »
Sent you some info. Check your messages.

Offline andy3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 05:59:11 pm »
You do not say what parts are blown/replaced. If the outputs are blown, go down the line and replace the drivers and pre-drivers also. In an extreme case like this, what I would do is as follows:

I assume no responsibility if you decide to do this!

1. Remove power to unit and pull out all the faulty components. You can use your DMM to identify them.
2. Power on and check the voltages at the critical points and compare to the good channel. This may be very difficult due to the way the power amp section is covered by the HDMI board! Probably, you can leave the HDMI board out to do this. You need a steady hand so you don't blow the good channel. If it is not possible, skip to below.
3. Remove power and put in the new parts and fuses etc. Do not apply power yet.
4. Start comparing the good channel with the bad channel using the DMM in ohm's scale. Check and compare the transistors C/B, C/E, B/E in both directions. Compare readings on the emitter and collector resistances. Etc. Etc.

You are bound to find some difference at some point and that will lead you to faulty stuff.

Please edit your profile to show where you are from!

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:02:37 pm by andy3055 »

Offline TonymulTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 09:54:56 am »
In the end I just ended up rebuilding the whole channel replaced everything that fixed it then

Offline andy3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 02:29:35 pm »
In the end I just ended up rebuilding the whole channel replaced everything that fixed it then

Very often that would be the case. These direct coupled circuits destroy everything in the line when just one little thing goes bad. Glad it is working now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf