Electronics > Repair

Video Teardown and Repair of a Fluke 196B Handheld ScopeMeter

(1/4) > >>

Hugoneus:
In this episode Shahriar goes through the teardown and repair process of a Fluke 196B Handheld ScopeMeter. This unit, which has been purchased as a “dead” unit from eBay, is examined for faults. During the teardown, various PCB components, architecture and design is presented. The performance and functionality of the unit is verified with a few brief experiments. Finally, the schematic and block diagram of the Fluke 196B is explored for the finer details of its design and operation.

See video here: [56 Minutes]
http://thesignalpath.com/blogs/2012/11/20/teardown-and-repair-of-a-fluke-196b-handheld-scopemeter/

More videos at The Signal Path:
http://www.TheSignalPath.com

Hugoneus:
Does anyone know where I can buy the back cover for this unit? Fluke's prices are very high and have a 6-weeks delivery on them!

iloveelectronics:
Very nice video! Thanks for uploading it. What a steal you've got there! Although I'm just a hobbyist I still thoroughly enjoy your channel. You are a very good teacher.

As for the back cover I have no idea where to buy but perhaps you can make some measurements and 3D print one?

Hugoneus:

--- Quote from: iloveelectronics on November 21, 2012, 12:34:06 am ---Very nice video! Thanks for uploading it. What a steal you've got there! Although I'm just a hobbyist I still thoroughly enjoy your channel. You are a very good teacher.

As for the back cover I have no idea where to buy but perhaps you can make some measurements and 3D print one?

--- End quote ---

I know I can get them from Fluke directly. The problem is that they are charging $100 for just the back cover alone! And another $35 for the screws and the bottom hostler. And I have to wait 6-weeks.

M. András:
order it, you got it way cheaper then a new one or a completly working unit. its a pretty thick plastic cover btw  6 weeks to get it and a few bucks. till that dont touch the metal parts however its isolated fro mthe probe inputs i guess but still better to dont touch it. look at the prices for the probes, now thats insane not the back cover's price

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version