Author Topic: Vizio E48-D0 Malfunction.  (Read 865 times)

Offline StubbornazzTopic starter

Vizio E48-D0 Malfunction.
« on: July 18, 2019, 07:23:32 pm »
Good day,
I have a Vizio E48-D0 flatscreen TV, initial issue was no pic or sound. Ordered a complete LED TV repair kit (KIT-E48-D0-K1). Received kit and replaced both power board and main board. Powered TV up and screen powered up weird, as in Vizio symbol only showed up partly then went to blank screen. Swapped main board back to original and powered up TV. After powering up twice, screen worked properly. Hooked up HDMI for cable TV and all worked perfectly. Then next day turned on TV, worked fine at first then went to blank screen with only audio working. So my question is this, any idea what needs to be done or should do? Thank you.

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
Re: Vizio E48-D0 Malfunction.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 10:49:04 pm »
Could it be a backlight inverter problem? Can you see the video if you shine a torch at the screen?

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 04:27:56 pm »
No it does not seem to be a backlight issue. There is a white-ish colored sot on the bottom left corner of the screen. This was never there prior to changing boards.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 10:01:31 pm »
One of the bias voltages gone intermittent on the T-con board?

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 02:45:38 am »
I'm sorry to say this but I'm not sure how to check for that. Nor can I even find a replacement t-con board for this TV. From what I've watched and read it appears that this could be the issue. Because I do have backlights and audio, just no pic.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf