Author Topic: Volktek INS-802 Industrial Poe+ Injector Switch in Startup Loop  (Read 396 times)

Online Fried ChickenTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
I have a Volktek INS-802 Power Injector/ethernet switch that has lived in my attic for the past four years or so that's started giving me problems.
At first it the access points attached to it started bitching about not enough power, then it would post but give some sort of alarm (I'm not sure what that was since I've never been able to set an IP address without it resetting with a power cycle, not that it was a problem), and now when I plug it in it goes into some sort of boot loop with a relay clicking.

This poor industrial poe switch has had a hard life, first coming from some mining company in alaska, and then living in a hellish texas attic.  Still all within its rated capacity.

Anyway, I'm going to tear into it soon and see if I can figure out the problem.  I thought I'd go ahead and post here and post more information as I start tearing into it.

• Regular Contributor
Re: Volktek INS-802 Industrial Poe+ Injector Switch in Startup Loop
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 10:45:51 pm »
I gave up.

There were 2 capacitors that I removed and tested good.  Lead free solder is a disaster.  Put it back together and the same clicking problem.

Pics of the board in case anyone might be interested.

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 02:10:19 pm »
Pretty integrated these things nowadays.
Maybe new device to a bit cooler environment has a positive long term result.

Maybe a DIP switch or two have lost their nerv.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 04:47:32 pm »
Pretty integrated these things nowadays.
Maybe new device to a bit cooler environment has a positive long term result.

Maybe a DIP switch or two have lost their nerv.

I got a new switch for cheap, this one is gonna end up in the trash, but I might keep the capacitors in it.  They tested better than capacitors I've ever seen.   My meter gave an ESR of 0 (it's not a good meter)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf