Author Topic: Weller WD1 Discussion and Repair  (Read 53683 times)

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
Re: Weller WD1 Discussion and Repair
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2023, 10:17:21 pm »
Uh bump quote a 9 year old post for another product FX888??? This thread is about the WD1...

Offline Miwer

• Contributor
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2023, 08:35:57 am »
Uh bump quote a 9 year old post for another product FX888??? This thread is about the WD1...
You do know what "LIKE THIS ONE" means, right?
I'm not the author, but if you look at the quoted post, you'll realize, that it IS about the WD1, not the FX888.
And don't complain about bumping an old thread, if people have legit questions about the topic. WD1 is still relevant and in use by people today.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 08:38:11 am by Miwer »

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2023, 06:24:14 am »
Glad I found this! Thanks for the schematics

I installed a led mod like this one : http://www.eevblog.com/2012/02/03/eevblog-242-hakko-fx-888-soldering-iron-hack/
I just connected a led in series with a resistor between GND and Triac_ch1 ( I think it was, just probed around to find a good spot to solder near the connector)
Now I wont forget the damn thing turned on for a couple of days in a row!  :)

Do you have any photos where you exactly soldered ground and positive of LED? If i not wrong, on the Triac_ch1 is AC power.

What I do is use a 5mm RGB common-anode LED, it lights blue for power and switches to red when the heater is on. I've added it to a few different soldering stations.
For just a simple power-on LED you need only a LED, diode and resistor.
Solder a wire to A2/MT2 at the TRIAC or wand connector (for heater ON LED), another for 24VAC "X1" and COMMON "X2". WD1 changed the board a bit over the years and pics seem gone from OP.

Offline costas

• Contributor
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2023, 07:33:56 pm »
Hello ,
At my Weller WD2M soldering station with a defective LCD display (missing segments), I replaced the display with one from a WE10101AN station. WE10101AN soldering stations are quite cheap, without accessories they can be found on Ebay for under $50.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf