Author Topic: Weller WE1010 Stopped working and troubleshoot  (Read 11447 times)

Offline wraper

• Supporter
Re: Weller WE1010 Stopped working and troubleshoot
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2019, 10:31:42 pm »
Armadillo, that's some first grade BS written on that screenshot. Anyone who understands how transformer works will understand it immediately.

https://youtu.be/XgVxbjmdJ7s
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 10:36:47 pm by wraper »

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:14 pm »
Wraper, you can bullshit for all you want.

But when your advice post a danger to the young learner, then you should jolly well wake up.!

When the reactance is lower than the resistance of the wire, the voltage rise up to the destruction of the sensitive electronics.

Where such possibility exist, then the advice is BAD.

Don't act clever, we all know where you are.

Armadillo, that's some first grade BS written on that screenshot. Anyone who understands how transformer works will understand it immediately.

https://youtu.be/To2AEqeeFVw

Offline glarsson

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2019, 10:38:43 pm »
When the heater stop, that's where the problems return just like the adapter he used.

Will the current through the Weller transformer primary be enough?
Prove it. If you are right then a variac would act like this - and they don't when I use them.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 10:42:31 pm »
Wraper, you can bullshit for all you want.

But when your advice post a danger to the young learner, then you should jolly well wake up.!
It's not danger, it's common knowledge. If you are clueless about the topic, does not mean others are. Transformer doesn't stop to be a transformer when there is no load. Only someone completely clueless would write something like this. Go the the link I provided before, ar read that. Not this BS you did tot even provide a link for. "Stopping transformer action", what this even supposed to mean? If this was true, center tapped usual transformers would not exist.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:07:23 pm by wraper »

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 10:49:21 pm »
Armadillo, don't bother. Read the comment from where you copied it. https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/transformer/auto-transformer.html
David Calitz
This statement is wrong:

“If the secondary side winding becomes open-circuited, current stops flowing through the primary winding stopping the transformer action resulting in the full primary voltage being applied to the secondary terminals.”

When the secondary is open circuit, you still have the magnetizing current for the core flowing in the primary winding. This will maintain the designed volts per turn rating and will thus not change the voltage at the terminal. Remember that a transformer has a magnetic field that adds to ohm’s law. Not having current in a winding will still show a voltage difference between the two terminals due to the magnetic effect from the magnetizing current. The transformer effect is never stopped, unless you take the supply voltage away from the unit.
And then there is the comment by the author about that it was not about lack of load but if transformer fails and winding is interrupted. It just was written in ambiguous language.
Wayne Storr
The statement is not about disconnection of the load. If the secondary winding of an auto transformer becomes open-circuited, (infinite impedance) near full primary voltage will be applied to the output. This is because the secondary part of the autotransformers winding is common for both the primary and secondary and will result in the remaining part connected to the load acting as an inductor in series with it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:04:28 pm by wraper »

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 12:18:45 am »
See attached;

V2 = I1 * V1 / I2.

Hence when I2 Reduces V2 Increase.

[In practical, I1 must include magnetizing current and core losses etc.]

Imagine autotransformer is 2000VA for example.

Hey....I'm busy now.......

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 12:26:14 am »
See attached;

V2 = I1 * V1 / I2.

Hence when I2 Reduces V2 Increase.

[In practical, I1 must include magnetizing current and core losses etc.]

Imagine autotransformer is 2000VA for example.

Hey....I'm busy now.......
Yeah and you just highlighted transformation ratio, LOL.

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 12:47:42 am »
just rush back to add that;

In a dynamic situation is even worse, when I1 and I2 is high and suddenly I2 ceased to flow example heater cut-off. It's like you being run over by a lorry with heavy loads.

In vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, I have no qualm with you.
In sensitive electronic especially the situation OP is facing now, I will advice against it.

OK busy....

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 12:57:02 am »
just rush back to add that;

In a dynamic situation is even worse, when I1 and I2 is high and suddenly I2 ceased to flow example heater cut-off. It's like you being run over by a lorry with heavy loads.

In vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, I have no qualm with you.
In sensitive electronic especially the situation OP is facing now, I will advice against it.

OK busy....
Busy enough to not switch your brain on. In previous post you attached example which shows that it works just like usual transformer but still continue splurting nonsense.
In a dynamic situation is even worse, when I1 and I2 is high and suddenly I2 ceased to flow
It will cease to flow as well. Transformation ratio goddammit. Look at what you highlighted.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:57:14 am by wraper »

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:44 am »
Lousy Loser. Read #51.

hahahahahahahaha :-DD

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:24 am »
Lousy Loser. Read #51.

hahahahahahahaha :-DD
I would just assume you enjoy embarrassing yourself.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 02:11:01 am »
Armadillo, consider connecting the primaries of two 110V transformers in series and then connecting the top and the bottom terminals to a 220V outlet. Do you really think you will have 220V in the middle terminal as well?
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 03:00:11 am »
Hey, I am not good at academic type reply but ask you, when you open up electronic equipment, you find isolated transformer inside or wraper Auto-Trans inside?

Common Sense question. Auto-trans is cheaper but????

You think symetrically but in reality the load is single ended where I2 is part of I1 and the other half is I1-I2, so in practice it is not symetrical static type balance analogy. The induction in one is not the same as the other. The transients are not the same dynamically.

The point is isolated transformer is VA limited and Auto-Trans is Grid KVA limited.

If you mistaken the point, please read #51. But if you are still not satisfied, please derive your proof of academic formulation and scientific derivations so that others can appreciate your logic.

Ok busy, subject ends for me. thanks.

busy...bye.  ;)

Armadillo, consider connecting the primaries of two 110V transformers in series and then connecting the top and the bottom terminals to a 220V outlet. Do you really think you will have 220V in the middle terminal as well?

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 03:34:15 am »
Hey, I am not good at academic type reply but ask you, when you open up electronic equipment, you find isolated transformer inside or wraper Auto-Trans inside?
Do you connect all your 230V equipment to mains though isolated transformer?
Common Sense question. Auto-trans is cheaper but????
But what? If you don't need isolation, then why would you pay for it with money, size and 3x weight? You already have isolation transformer within the device.
The point is isolated transformer is VA limited and Auto-Trans is Grid KVA limited.
Isolated transformer can have power of megawatts, it's just larger, more expensive and less efficient than autotransformer.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2019, 04:05:22 am »
Hey Armadillo, don't deflect. You are the one doing a bold claim and has the burden of proof. What that statement and you are claiming is not practically verified, unless there is a fault on the transformer windings (and that is what it seems the subject of the further discussion pointed by wraper).

You seem to reply a lot for someone that claims to be too busy. Oh well...
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf