Author Topic: where to buy board for 853D station  (Read 1412 times)

Offline zubatorTopic starter

where to buy board for 853D station
« on: August 08, 2022, 07:38:47 pm »
I burned out the board for the soldering station 853D. Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement. Thank you very much for your help.
https://ibb.co/q5gL8pz

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Re: where to buy board for 853D station
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 10:46:28 pm »
I don't see any readily available.

What has failed, the soldering iron or the hot air or both?
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 05:28:46 am »
after the board burned out, the temperature and voltage indicators stopped working, the fan blows only cold air. If I try to turn on the soldering iron, the fan turns on.
it is really bad(

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 09:22:58 am »
How do you know the "board burned out?"  What do you think a reasonable price should be for a new board + instructions + handling complaints that it didn't work + on and on?   Inexpensive consumer goods from China are generally not meant to be repaired.  Getting spare parts can be impossible regardless of what it is.

I got mine off eBay.  Original item wouldn't turn off.  Was sent a new one that works fine.  Didn't have to return the old one and all for about $65 USD including shipping.

If yours is out of warranty, the cheapest avenue is probably to buy a new one, hence my earlier comment.  Prices seem to have increased a little in the past year, but I found a listing on eBay (USA) for about $70 including shipping.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 09:28:41 am »
How do you know the "board burned out?"  What do you think a reasonable price should be for a new board + instructions + handling complaints that it didn't work + on and on?   Inexpensive consumer goods from China are generally not meant to be repaired.  Getting spare parts can be impossible regardless of what it is.
These inexpensive goods are more repairable than most of expensive goods from western brands. Unless MCU failed (you need firmware), it's easily fixable. As of PCB fail, it blows the air, so there is power. Other than PCB there is basically no other issue which can cause this. EDIT: also apparently there is a burned component right in the middle of PCB.
What do you think a reasonable price should be for a new board
If it was available, it probably would cost like $15-20 on Aliexpress.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 09:35:23 am by wraper »

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 11:47:21 am »
yes, as you can see on my picture in the center of board there is a black spot (next to the resistance and capacitor).
I measured the resistance of the resistor and it seems to be alive. But the capacitor cracked, I noticed it in the microscope. Since I did not find the boards, I can try to replace the capacitor and resistance, I hope everything is fine with the tracks. If it doesn't work, I'll have to buy a new one.
I thought maybe someone knows where such spare parts are sold or maybe someone has it) Or I'll find out the price in the repair shop

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:53:41 am »
Probably it's just a decoupling cap then which cracked and shorted a power rail. If it's the case, value is not critical and something like 0.1 - 1uF will do the job. Actually for test you can try just removing it and checking if it works.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 11:55:14 am by wraper »

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2022, 12:07:10 pm »
thanks a lot, I'll try

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2022, 09:17:27 pm »
These inexpensive goods are more repairable than most of expensive goods from western brands. Unless MCU failed (you need firmware), it's easily fixable. As of PCB fail, it blows the air, so there is power. Other than PCB there is basically no other issue which can cause this. EDIT: also apparently there is a burned component right in the middle of PCB.
What do you think a reasonable price should be for a new board
If it was available, it probably would cost like $15-20 on Aliexpress.
1) The TS is not asking about repairing the board.  He/she is asking to buy a new board. (Probably not possible IMHO)
2) As for your estimate on Aliexpress, "walk the talk."  Show me.  There are other more flavorful phrases that I will restrain from using.

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2022, 10:06:23 pm »
wraper was not saying it was available, just that IF it were available a reasonable price would be $20.

Its already been established that none are listed that I saw.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 10:20:52 pm »
wraper was not saying it was available, just that IF it were available a reasonable price would be $20.

None available for $20 (USD) or more.  Prima facie that is not a reasonable price given the problems inherent is supplying simply boards.  It's an open market. 

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2022, 09:41:38 am »

None available for $20 (USD) or more.  Prima facie that is not a reasonable price given the problems inherent is supplying simply boards.  It's an open market.
Some boards are available, others are not.  :palm: I wrote how much it would likely cost if it was available. You talk as if you can easily buy PCBs for western equipment. The difference its that for Chinese stuff you sometimes can buy a brand new PCB, for western stuff it's almost impossible and in best case you will get a pull from used equipment. For example for a clone of 936 soldering station PCB costs about $5 with delivery included. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255800121015295.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf