Author Topic: Where to buy this MOSFET ?  (Read 2288 times)

Offline lordvader88Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Where to buy this MOSFET ?
« on: November 10, 2018, 01:33:58 am »
I have a SMPS of a type I've not worked on before. 3 of 3 MOSFET's that are on 1 channel of the secondary side /output side (yes output side) cooked. I look forward to mapping this all out. I wonder what went wrong.

The fets are this
http://www.a-power.com.tw/files/AP_ProductData/PD_File/AP9990GH-HF%20%2820110210%29.pdf

From a quick check I only see aliexpress selling them. I almost joined them last year until I found out they demand your driver's license as well as having all your banking info, and I said screw that.

Anyone know of good equivilents or where to get them in north america ? They are only 6mO RDSon so I guess that makes them pretty good.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Where to buy this MOSFET ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 03:17:38 am »
Ive bought tings from Ali, they never asked drivers license and they can be paid by paypal ...

Your mosfets are seen in corsair psu's     

No luck from:
Electrosonic
Mouser
Digkey

Send an Email at the maker : http://www.a-power.com.tw/index.aspx?lang=eng&fn=index

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 04:32:40 pm »
75A continuous through that tiny source pin?  Must be made of unobtanium or unicorn horn alloy.

Surely there must be some other mosfet type/number/part that could be substituted if you can't source those exact originals...  ?

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 07:43:30 pm »
I did a quick mouser search , and narrowed it down to a few choices. read through the data sheet and select the best ones
mouser link 1
mouser link 2

// fixed the links for you

The following users thanked this post: Vgkid, lordvader88

Online xavier60

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 03:23:59 am »
UTsource list it.
HP 54645A dso, Fluke 87V dmm,  Agilent U8002A psu,  FY6600 function gen,  Brymen BM857S, HAKKO FM-204, New! HAKKO FX-971.

The following users thanked this post: lordvader88

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 05:37:03 am »
Ok thanks guys I'll look those up

It for a Thermaltake computer PSU, using synchronous rectification of the flyback/coupled inductor. I haven't mapped the little PCB yet, that the fet's were on. There's 5 of them. There's just 4 transistors for the gate network and no IC at all. In fact there's only 5 connections total on this daughter PCB, 2 are GND, 1 is in parallel with the 12V output right off the flyback, the other is input from the flyback. I guess when the voltage goes high, the gates turn on just with the transistor network.

Interesting.

I see 1 resistor of that network that is 20R but reads 29R and almost looks like there's a damaged spot.

I hope the flyback is fine.

2 of the FETs burned a "bubble" between D/S and started melting the solder, and the 3rd has a little hole in the same place.

Hopefully it shut down in time to not bother anything else. I'll know soon.

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 05:41:25 am »
Ive bought tings from Ali, they never asked drivers license and they can be paid by paypal ...

Your mosfets are seen in corsair psu's     

No luck from:
Electrosonic
Mouser
Digkey

Send an Email at the maker : http://www.a-power.com.tw/index.aspx?lang=eng&fn=index
When I was joining up a year ago, when I got to the billing part they wanted my license info, which is too much to give to unknown folks in China. I'm sure they never had paypal at the time, don't remember seeing that at all.

I should give it another look, I'm sure I signed up.

Offline TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 07:32:38 am »
How old is the PSU? Thermaltake are generally pretty good about warranty IIRC.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2018, 12:27:33 pm »
IDK it's used but it's way too late for that, I thought the case was spot welded closed, inside they hide the screws behind labels, in places I've never seen used before. So I've bent the case a bit thinking it was weilded, there was a spot weld, but it wasn't holding the cover in place

IDK much about mosfets, or how inter-changable they are in something as specifically designed as a quality 750W PSU. I should find out fast and order them and fix it and sell it. I'm broke

Offline Cherenkov11

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 05:47:25 pm »
Hi, my main electronic component suppliers are mouser and lcsc. Lcsc have a lot of stock, not as good as mouser, but some parts that you can found it here and not from digikey or mouser.

I've been buyng from this website a lot, and it is trustable.

So, here is your mosfet: https://lcsc.com/product-detail/MOSFET_Advanced-Power-Elec-AP9990GH-HF_C124547.html
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:57:52 pm by Cherenkov11 »

The following users thanked this post: lordvader88

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 05:29:19 am »
Excellent, thats's them , time to order some. I have't worked on this 1 in ages, so I still really checked for other problems.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf