Author Topic: WON's DS7102, boot  (Read 1948 times)

Offline JoergMKTopic starter

WON's DS7102, boot
« on: November 11, 2018, 03:38:05 pm »
Hello,
i'm from gemany and i have a problem with my won's  DS 7102. after a firmware update the DS 7102 won't boot an show only a blank screen.  i open the case and connect a serial-adapter. after that i connected the DS 7102 with my PC though PC programm "putty" . the output is ...

LILLIPUT
DSO TARGEY BOARD VER 1.0

not more!

can anyone help me, please?

Matthias
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 05:22:06 pm by JoergMK »

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
Re: WON's DS7102, boot
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 10:51:43 am »
Hi and welcome,

Please take a look to these links:
https://radiokot.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2805937#p2805937
http://blog.weinigel.se/2016/05/06/sds7102-hacking-2.html

Also, from the OWON PC SW you can get its firmware (if I remember correctly).
And I think that in somewhere I should have a full dump, but no idea if it will be compatible.

The truth is that I do not remember exactly the steps to follow, but I think Vasily explains it in detail.

Best Regards,
Carrington.
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 08:48:29 am »
Hello Carrington from EEVblog Electronic Community Forum Team,

im very happy about your answer. I think it will be very helpfull.

Thank you so much!

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:18:53 pm »
Hello Carrington,

First of all: Many, many thanks for the super useful links!!!

Now I would like to tell you about my results.
My oscilloscope was completely dead. With the contacts on the board I was able to build the J-Tag interface to the Oszi via a Bus Blaster 3 interface and also connect to the processor with OPENOCD. The soldering of the cables was difficult and you should have some soldering experience. But I was not able to flash the BIN-file via OPENOCD.
What should the command for flashing the bin file look like in OPENOCD? Does anyone have an idea?

Since I still have an old laptop with a parallel interface, I have now gone to the 2nd possibility. Now I followed exactly the instructions of VAS455 from the forum of 'radiokot.ru'. With the parallel interface this was possible with H-JTAG without any problems.

Conclusion. .. my WONS DS 7102 now runs again. The next step is to change the language to English. I hope this works out too.

To all users who have the same problem ... tries it.

Greetings
JoergMK

Offline Carrington

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 08:24:22 pm »
Congratulations!  :-+
But there's nothing to thank me for, all the credit goes to Vasiliy.
BTW, I found how to extract it's firmware from the SW update (it was lost on one of my hard drives) I'll leave it here below, it might be useful to someone:

Code: [Select]
How to encrypt/compress and decrypt/decompress all the owon's firmware files:

To decrypt a file:

1. Donwload and install: "sds_upgrade_3.2_3.3_3.4.rar".
   2. Go to the Owon's firmware update install patch "C:\Program Files\OWON\Patch", where the file "launcher.exe" lives.
   3. Make a windows command script with the command "launcher.exe encrypt" and rename it as "encrypt.cmd".
   4. Copy the file to decrypt to the Owon's firmware update install patch, for this example I used the file "OS_H6".
   5. Now run "encrypt.cmd", and fill all the fields as follow (public.key, src, OS_H6), and press decrypt.
   6. Go to "C:\Program Files\OWON\Patch\src" to see the results.

Firmware link: http://files.owon.com.cn/software/upgrade/sds_upgrade_3.2_3.3_3.4.rar

To encrypt a file:

1. Donwload and install: "sds upgrade2.0.rar" on a different location as previous versions (this old version can manage 'me' files).
   2. Go to the install location previously assigned to this old Owon's firmware update, until where the file "launcher.exe" lives.
   3. Make a windows command script with the command "launcher.exe encrypt" and rename it as "encrypt.cmd".
   4. Creates a folder called "src", and copy here all the files to encrypt.
   5. Go to the install location, where the file "launcher.exe" lives and make a txt file called "map.txt".
   6. Edit the file "map.txt" to specify which files will be encrypted/compressed, for expample add "os=os" to encrypt/compress this file.
   7. Now run "encrypt.cmd", and fill all the fields as follow (public.key, src, OS_H6), and press encrypt.

Firmware link: http://www.filedropper.com/sdsupgrade20

To submit a file to the scope (the oscilloscope usb driver must be installed first):

1. Turn off the machine before connect it via USB.
   2. Run 'launcher.exe usbpatch', press [Click then turn on machine to update] and turn on the machine.
   3. Follow the instructions.

Another alternative (only work for the "sds_upgrade_3.2_3.3_3.4.rar"):

1. Make a windows command script with the command "launcher.exe anystring" and rename it as "usbtool.cmd".
   2. Run "usbtool.cmd" and check out all the possibilities.

If the links are no longer valid, just send me a PM, I have a copy. However, I was unable to find the binary dump.

Cheers!
My English can be pretty bad, so suggestions are welcome. ;)
Space Weather.
Lightning & Thunderstorms in Real Time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf