Author Topic: X-tronic 4000 series solder station help needed  (Read 316 times)

Offline cncjerry

• Supporter
X-tronic 4000 series solder station help needed
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:29:37 am »
My brother has the subject solder station, an X-tronic 4000 series.  Along the way of normal use, the fan for the desolder hot air jammed or inhaled a piece of swarf.  The results of the jammed fan were an overheated R18 (ha, magic smoke, burned to a crisp) and possibly a blown thyristor.  As near as he can tell, my brother thought R18 was 820K but the fan, which we suspect is still good, only rotated at low rpm when fully turned up.  He ordered the thyristor but needs the value of R18.  He tried various values down to 2k with increasing rpm until the last resistor, a 2k, overheated as well.

He emailed the company and was given the middle finger salute concomitant with a note about the schematic in whole and the part specifically being their valuable IP.  I guess a simple thyristor based circuit controlling an A/C voltage fan is IP in good ol', don't break any laws, recognize the work of others, Asian Economic Community.

So the value of r18 would be much appreciated even though you might have to do a little disassembly.  And speaking for my brother and me, I can assure you the favor will be repaid.

Thanks,

Jerry

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
Re: X-tronic 4000 series solder station help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 06:17:12 am »
X-tronic doesn't even make anything. They are exclusively a badge-engineering shop and the result is that they don't even possess what you asked for.
The 4040-XTS is a rebadge of Gordak 952, the schematic follows.

The following users thanked this post: cncjerry, Chris56000

Offline cncjerry

• Supporter
Re: X-tronic 4000 series solder station help needed
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 07:58:36 pm »
thanks!  Very helpful.  It was 820k, by the way.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf