Author Topic: Xeltek superpro 6100N  (Read 4056 times)

Offline ultrasmurfTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Xeltek superpro 6100N
« on: March 01, 2019, 04:05:30 am »
Hi all,

Needed some help in troubleshooting programmer error. This is a genuine Xeltek SP6100N that was purchased from China which the seller/xeltek china now not seem to be willing to support. This is a 5 months old unit, used to work fine and last week start giving corrupted reading/writing. Not 100% corruption, but only about 10% of the data is corrupted. Chip being programmed is hn27c256 and M48Z35Y-70PC1.

Previously Xeltek US was kind enough to supply me with a self diagnostic program. And when I run the SP6K_ST algorithm (the self diag) It will show failure during calibrate portion. This is where I am supposed to measure the voltage output of pin 1,2, 23,25, and 47,48. Pin 1,2 and 23 are good, pin 25 and 47 gives 0v (looks like some dead transistor somewhere) and pin 48 gives somewhat double the voltage it should have ( 1 test should have 5V and it gives ~8V, and the other with 1.8v setpoint it gives 3.4V ).

Anyone kind enough to have any troubleshooting or schematic for me to start poking the internal of this programmer ?

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Xeltek superpro 6100N
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 04:19:38 am »
You should have some dual / tri state logic ic's chips and maybe diodes  near the main socket

Ask Xeltek for a schematic under non disclosure, never saw any schematics or leaked infos from them.

example of an tl866 : http://www.obdii365.com/upload/pro/mini-pro-tl866-schematic-diagram.pdf

But an china Xeltek ???  Xeltek is an american company ??   sorry  but  it may be not a genuine product after all  ?? where did you bought it ??

If you have failed calibration or tests,  as you wrote :  maybe you have some voltages switching problems thru some transistors and or "switch" ic's ...

You'll have to take or show us some pictures ???  take any chip markings and search the specs, unless there all "buffed"  do some reverse schematics yourself ??

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 04:44:29 am »
Thanks for the reply. Yup, after I bought the unit and encounter some initial issue, I contacted Xeltek US, and apparently according to the email explanation is that Xeltek China and Xeltek US is something like a business partner. Manufacturing is in China. US will import the product in and bundle in their support. Xeltek China sell the programmer as well but is not covered by US Xeltek support.

Anyway, somehow poking around more, the unit can be made to work somewhat. If I sacrifice an NVRAM to do a program, it will be able to program and read properly for that type of chip. The moment I switch to another device, it will cause corruption again.

The voltage reading as of today is coming out correct...  :wtf:

I had this issue before, where when programmer runs for about 15 minutes then it start to fail. Was replaced under warranty.

Anyway, my first thought now is program corruption. I am redownloading the software and reinstalling them. Will update again.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 10:30:29 am »
aaaaaaaaah  okay  thks for the clarification,   in 2 of my programmers   tnm5000 and a Elnec beeprog +,  the software push the configs into a huge cpld ....  it depends on your selected chip, the configs are pushed accordingly .. 

Unless intermittant contacts on the zif socket, of the base board with the zif socket ??   maybe solder quality issues ???

But you're supposed to have a full warranty ?? no ??

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 01:30:08 am »
Yah I'm supposed to still be covered by warranty but after contacting both US and China side, it might seem that neither is honoring it...  :'(
I understand the US position, but China is saying that since the unit breakdown again, then it is my fault...  :wtf:
Anyway still emailing them and see how will it go in the end. Redownloading software and reinstalling it doesn't seem to fix the problem. Running diagnostic now seems to show everything passed without error.. But problem still remain, programming NVRAM after changing chip type will cause corruption.

Damn this... bought this expensive unit as my TL866 gives corruption before, and thought that xeltek will be more robust. Manage to solve the TL866 issue by changing/shortening the USB cable, but same trick doesn't work in Xeltek.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 12:56:31 pm »
Well, reinstalling, uninstalling and then reinstalling the software seems to fix the issue. Still unknown what causes it in the first place, but since it's software related i'm guessing some other program is hijacking or interfering with the usb driver/connection.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 02:51:11 pm »
Nice to hear you found the solution.

I have a SuperPro 500P, the best I could afford at the time, still I wish I'd waited and spent more on something better.
The customer support is poor, making sense of software revisions is hell, the whole software although far from the worst out there, feels more like a draft than something you'd actually sell.

Offline testpoint1

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 09:56:46 am »
forget the product, the factory is in Nanjing China, the support is quite poor, you can find many later product, they already stop the program update, just buy the ELNEC product, if you have the adapter problem, I can help you in China.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 12:02:47 pm »
maybe is just driver compatibility ??

I had the same problem for a tl866, the program wants to update the FW,  but in my win 10 64bit,  it will flash the fw and render the tl 866 inoperative,  i have to recover / re-flash it  with a win 32 portable i have (my only 32 bit pc ??) ...  once updated,  it will work fine in my win x64 pc ????

Something like this may happen ??

Absolutely no problems with my other programmers in a x64 bit platform,  i dont know the insides of the Xeltek and their drivers,    maybe a compatibility mode could be used, or a virtual machine could help ??

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 03:44:36 am »
Another update on this. The issue come back again, and this time round I think the problem is the contact issue. The socket where the EPROM (chip) is sitting on, is not gold plated. And after sitting in a humid place idling for a few days I believe it starts to oxidize. Scrubbing the socket contact point with IPA and deoxit seems to fix the issue. Will try to see if I can replace this with some gold plated socket.

Previous software install/reinstall I believe is just a lucky incident, the actual part that fix the problem before I believe is after testing, taking out the eprom and inserting it multiple time, the leg scrub the contact point enough to the point that it allows a somewhat good contact.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 10:42:11 am »
the gold zif sockets can be found and changed,  we had to do it on a old chipmaster 6000uxp, costed 50$ cad here,   we had bad contacts ...

Offline St66666

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 06:04:59 pm »
I know it is an old thread, but just to warn some other soul from buying a 6100N.
I purchased one in the US because they were claiming the Chinese make was a fake.
I have an expensive paper weight and I'm still using my TNM5000 and the RT809H.
At least I don't need so many high priced  special sockets using those.
Setting up the buffer size and config word is a bit confusing. I think the size is limited by the programming algorithm and it is not changeable by the user. So, if you are trying to program a K9GAG08U0E chip you will not be able to program all the 2076 blocks because Xeltek decided you should not have access to everything unless you pay some more extra for a special algorithm.

I hope it is not the case with all the chips, but with this one it is.
I'm still waiting for Aaron to explain me why it is so. My question what I sent to support was not answered so far.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:08:45 pm by St66666 »

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 12:02:59 am »
The Beeprog+ i have  does them    but i have 3 models of them in my list

K9GAG08U0E
K9GAG08U0E  (AML-01)    ???
K9GAG08U0E  (HDT-01)    ???

I should have kept my tnm5000   |O  :(  the prices has gotten pretty crazy high   paid 250$ usd when they got out on Aliexpress

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 06:28:45 am »
I have had nothing but great experience with xeltek programmers very reliable.

Have you actually checked the voltages?

I had a SP6000 come in the the 1.8V was way off

Pin1 12V
Pin 25 3.3V
Pin 48 1.8V
Pin 24 GND

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 06:30:43 am by KG7AMV »

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2021, 12:02:45 pm »
Just adding this in case it's of help to anyone else out here.
I've run into a problem again with my SuperPro 500P recently, it isn't the first time it happens.
Programming will run without errors, the verify read back will sometimes be OK the first time, most of the time not, successive readbacks give errors. This is with known good memory's.
The problem is solved by simply reinstalling the Windows programmer software.

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 11:52:38 pm »
I am hosting a copy of the 6100N Test Algorithm Just in case anyone needs a copy

https://www.stevenrhine.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Zeltek-6100N-Test.zip

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline St66666

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2023, 10:23:42 pm »
I have one of these, but for the larger NANDs I was using either the TNM5000 or the RT809H because I just could not figure out what is wrong with this. Xeltek support wasn't much help either.

Maybe I just don't understand how to set it up properly?

Recently looked at it again and realized that the buffer size can only be set to maximum 86D00000H

The K9GAG08U0E chip is bigger then this buffer - 88A7D800H

That is probably why I could never program it successfully.

Is there some trick here?

There is a memory card slot in the back. Would it help to put a card in there?

Offline KG7AMV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rhine_Labs
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2023, 01:04:30 pm »
ultrasmurf, Not sure if post is still relevant. But Check out Q4,5 &6 on the PSU Board

We had a forum member have a similar issue and was a burnt transistor Q 4 and 6 were dead not Burnt.

Schematic Drawn By a Group Member.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 07:51:14 pm by KG7AMV »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf