Author Topic: Xiaomi projector Green flash then no light  (Read 1171 times)

Offline thitouTopic starter

Xiaomi projector Green flash then no light
« on: July 22, 2023, 11:20:30 pm »
Hello everyone, I've recently picked up a xiaomi mi smart compact projector (I think is the 1st version).

I'm trying to fix it.. Here is the story :

When I'm turning the projector on, I see the white led on the top of the unit blinking (this is normal), and suddenly the screen flash all green 2/3 times for less than 1 second. I think I can see the "Mi" logo in the center of the picture. After that all the screen is black, without any light, but the projector is still running and responding (I can turn it off with the remote control).

I have tried some things, with not result :

- Boot to the recovery mode
- Try with a different wall adapter
- Check the RGB leds one by one
- Disassemble all the unit and check all the connections

I have tried to put a constant led light directly in the optical engine (By disassembling the green led and putting it in its place) to see if the projection is normal in the screen with the lights on, but it's all black and no picture is visible. Whatever the issue is, it's seems to interfere with the DMD imaging process and the leds.

I still found something though! One of the chip on the DMD/led board is very very hot. I don't know exactly the temperature but I can't put my finger on it, it's really burning me quickly.

The chip is a TCA0372DW, referring to the datasheet it's a "dual power operational amplifier" Maybe this chip is bad, I'm not really sure what this exactly does in the circuit.

There's something strange about it, when I'm unpluging the connector right next to the chip (see picture) and turn the projector on again, the chip is not hot anymore. However, the projector is still blinking weirdly green then no light. The problem doesn't change.

I don't know what is this wire for, it's seems to go inside the optical engine.. Maybe a light sensor or something like that. I need to investigate more on this point.

Thank you a lot for reading me! All replies will be highly appreciated.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem?

In your opinion what can the tca0372dw be used for?

Offline sooo

Re: Xiaomi projector Green flash then no light
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 02:23:38 pm »
Bonjour,

j'ai vu que vous aviez un problème similaire au miens concernant votre projecteur, je voudrais savoir si vous aviez réussi a le réparé ou non ? Car ayant le même problème je vous avouerais que je suis un peu perdu sur la réparabilité de ce dernier.

Merci de votre réponse.

Cordialement

Offline thitouTopic starter

Re: Xiaomi projector Green flash then no light
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 02:32:50 pm »
Hello, sorry to hear that you also have a problem with your projector. Unfortunately no, I couldn't fix it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf