Author Topic: YIHUA 305D Cannot adjust current  (Read 1604 times)

Offline thecuban12Topic starter

YIHUA 305D Cannot adjust current
« on: January 07, 2019, 01:00:29 am »
I recently acquired a broken Yihua 305d that was stuck at 50v output. I replaced the transistor that is known to cause that issue and the voltage side is working perfect. Now the issue I'm facing is that the current side cannot be adjusted. it will stay at zero unless a load is applied and even then it won't let you adjust it. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Thank you!

Offline montarbo

• Contributor
Re: YIHUA 305D Cannot adjust current
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 07:41:28 am »
Its normal that the current meter stays at 0 unless you connect a load to it, no load=no current. If the load is stuck and cant be adjusted even with load attached then the try looking at bad solder joints in the front panel board, check for leaky caps on main board and so on. Report.

Offline Armadillo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:56:01 am »
The Current Adjustment is actually Current LIMIT Adjustment, so its adjust the limit of the current. You can imagine a water pipe with 2 water tap/valves. One valve is adjusted by the landlord to half Open, the other valve is adjusted by the Tenant. So when the tenant fully open the valve, only half of the flowrate can be achieved. But if tenant adjust to lower than half, the water flow rate can varies between 0 to half. Got the idea? So depending on the load you put, the current can be less then or equal to the current limit set but no more.

To test your power supply.

1.0 Turn Current Adjustment and Voltage Adjustment Knobs to FULLY ANTICLOCKWISE - 0 limit
2.0 Hook a Ampere Meter Connected to measure 10A max onto the +ve and -ve output
3.0 Turn On - Observe the Current read 0 ampere.
4.0 Then slowly rotate voltage knob so that 1V ~ 2V showed up.
5.0 Then slowly rotate the current, SLOWLY rotate the current knob up and observe the Ampere Meter reads the current and tally with the power supply readout.
6.0 If you can adjust up to say 1A or the current limit of your PS, then consider the PS is OK.

If any abnormalities, then turn-off the power supply immediately and inform us back.

Offline thecuban12Topic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 02:53:16 am »
Thank y'all for the help. I think it is working properly I just haven't used it in years and forgot how one worked  |O at least for what I need it to do.!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf