Author Topic: Yihua 853D 2A problem  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Patrick kellyTopic starter

Yihua 853D 2A problem
« on: August 17, 2016, 09:15:33 pm »
HI
      I have a YIHUA 853D 2A 3in1 HOT AIR GUN REWORK SOLDERING STATION I have only using it for a few hours when the soldering iron led went from 350 to 008.When I looked at the iron tip it was glowing orange I turned it off let it cool down when I switch it back on the led showed 5-E.When I checked the ceramic heat element it was cracked and broke when i opened the unit up one of the wires was off what I think is a termostate for the fan. I checked online and I think it might be the TB137 600b triac if anybody has had a similer problem and came to the same conclusion and fixed it.I would appreciate any help.I attached some pics.

Offline jitter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Yihua 853D 2A problem
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 04:38:29 am »
I do not have this unit, so I have no experience with it, but I think that the switch that I know as a "clixon" is not for the fan. It sits very close to the TO-3 package, and that would seem a bit big for a fan.
More likely, it is a failsafe to cut out power if the heatsink gets too hot (e.g. if the fan has failed). Or does the fan only run when the heatsink gets hot?

In my mind it's more likely that the thermal sensor in the tip failed and that the station kept putting power into the heating element as a result. This resulted in overheating and cracking it. The loose wire on the clixon may not be related to your problem at all. A loose wire would be the same as a clixon going open when its specified temperature has been reached (it's how in e.g. a coffeemaker the temp of the hot plate is regulated).

But I may be totally wrong, here...

Offline Patrick kellyTopic starter

Re: Yihua 853D 2A problem
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 08:19:50 am »
Thanks for the information I ordered a new soldering iron handle complete the heating element was almost the same price.Wheh I get it with any luck you will be right and I won't have to touch the station itself.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf