Products > Other Equipment & Products

AIXUN T3A T245 - soldering tips

(1/4) > >>

thaking:
I just bought soldering station AIXUN T3A with T245 handle which comes with  3 different soldering tips: K, S and I tip, as on first picture below.

Does anyone knows, where can I buy additional type of tips which will fit T245, for example I would like to have wider tip as on second picture below.
I search on AIXUN site and all I found were K,S and I tips which I already have |O

janoc:
Those are copies of JBC C245 tips. So any JBC reseller should have ample choice of these that will fit the station without issues.

https://www.jbctools.com/c245-cartridges-for-t245-handpiece-product-19.html

thaking:

--- Quote from: janoc on June 19, 2022, 09:46:23 am ---Those are copies of JBC C245 tips. So any JBC reseller should have ample choice of these that will fit the station without issues.

https://www.jbctools.com/c245-cartridges-for-t245-handpiece-product-19.html

--- End quote ---

Ohh, thank you very much.

Which one do you all recommend for general usage (soldering cables to connectors, pins etc.)?

I was looking "chisel" shape in that range:

janoc:
Probably any of those will do but for through hole components and connectors I would stay away from the 0.5mm thick tips. That's way too thin and will wear out quickly. 2.7mm is maybe good for chiseling wood or soldering large lugs or stuff to ground planes but not general work - it is too big and unwieldy.

You will have to buy a few and see which size works for what you are doing. If you don't want to spend the money, AliExpress sellers carry a lot of knock-off C245 (also sold as T245) tips for 1/3 of the price of the genuine ones. So try the various sizes out and then go buy a genuine JBC tip of that size.

But I do wonder why did you buy a JBC clone station if all you are doing is soldering wires to connectors or through-hole work - and not understanding the JBC ecosystem? It is a very good soldering station that will certainly work for that - but genuine tips also cost 30+€ a piece ... If you don't need the 200W of power of Aixun station (and have tips that can actually use that, not all can!) and don't need the huge selections of tips, then you could have bought a station for 1/2 of the price or less, not counting the much cheaper tips.

thaking:

--- Quote from: janoc on June 19, 2022, 01:02:04 pm ---Probably any of those will do but for through hole components and connectors I would stay away from the 0.5mm thick tips. That's way too thin and will wear out quickly. 2.7mm is maybe good for chiseling wood or soldering large lugs or stuff to ground planes but not general work - it is too big and unwieldy.

You will have to buy a few and see which size works for what you are doing. If you don't want to spend the money, AliExpress sellers carry a lot of knock-off C245 (also sold as T245) tips for 1/3 of the price of the genuine ones. So try the various sizes out and then go buy a genuine JBC tip of that size.

But I do wonder why did you buy a JBC clone station if all you are doing is soldering wires to connectors or through-hole work - and not understanding the JBC ecosystem? It is a very good soldering station that will certainly work for that - but genuine tips also cost 30+€ a piece ... If you don't need the 200W of power of Aixun station (and have tips that can actually use that, not all can!) and don't need the huge selections of tips, then you could have bought a station for 1/2 of the price or less, not counting the much cheaper tips.

--- End quote ---

Thanks I will check.

I am not soldering only wires and cables, but also SMD and other electronic PCBs.... :D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version