Author Topic: Akai CD3000XL LED display replacement for the old inverter backlight LCD Display  (Read 826 times)

Offline sampler1Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Akai CD3000XL LED display replacement for the old inverter backlight LCD Display.

Does anyone know the part number or make of  the LED replacement? I know there is guys selling on Ebay but I also know they can be bought for 1/3 the price. ,I just can't seem to find the model for Akai.
Yes, I know this is a very old sampler but it works well.

Thanks in advance, Hope this is not too far off this forums topics
Cheers.
“Electronic devices are powered by white smoke. When smoke goes out, device is dead.”

Offline Ungolian

• Regular Contributor
Being a fellow audiophile, this piqued my interest.  Is it the whole screen, or just the backlight?  If it's just the backlight, all I can say is that you are probably better off buying the one off of eBay for $35.  While you could probably find one on AliExpress for less, you also get what you pay for.  Ali screens have poor quality control.  You could get one with dead zones, one that works fine for a week (then craps out), or you could get one that works for the listed 6000 hour like the ones on eBay.  But your odds are probably 33% of getting a quality one.  Any time I buy replacement screens from Ali, I order multiples (granted, they are like $2 each...).  So you're probably going to spend the same amount of money.  Yes, you could wind up with 3 quality screens that will last decades, but the odds of that are slim.  I would contact the seller and try to get a brand name or something to at least verify that they are indeed US manufactured, and not marked-up Ali screens.       
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 07:34:30 pm by Ungolian »

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf