Author Topic: Building a camera / microscope for smd soldering work  (Read 970 times)

Offline dexters_labTopic starter

• Supporter
Building a camera / microscope for smd soldering work
« on: October 18, 2019, 05:49:32 pm »
It looks like i might be doing a bit more soldering soon and it'll be smd, so i have been thinking about some optical help

now i remembered i had a c-mount macro zoom lens here so wondered if i could build something myself as a project to get me started

I wouldn't mind some ideas on the stand, so would welcome suggestions for one that is sturdy and a good size that can accomodate the camera and the lens

I'd also take thoughts on the lens i have, it's a Kowa LMZ45T3 (18-108mm f2.8 c-mount macro zoom), i've done some basic checking and it does seem to be suitable at least to an extent. It is big though, weighing in at 600grams and a length of about 170mm it's going to need a big stand!

https://lenses.kowa-usa.com/macro-zoom-lenses/523-lmz45t3.html

At full zoom i get about 110mm of working distance and a DOF of about 1mm

at full zoom it does tend to flare quite a bit unless it's stopped right down which might be limiting?

I only have a B&W standard def camera at the moment that outputs composite video so it's hard to judge from these test pics but it looks pretty good to me, once it's in HD and colour it should be ok?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 08:00:20 am by dexters_lab »

Offline dexters_labTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: Building a camera / microscope for smd soldering work
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 06:45:56 pm »
Pic of the lens while i was testing it

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf