Products > Other Equipment & Products

Another Warning of Cheapo China (Just a Terminator)

(1/3) > >>

Mechatrommer:
not so genius though. just a 50 ohm terminator which measured as shorted 0 ohm. this is a "free" replacement from previous wrongly (broken?) sent terminator. the real joke is, there is etching saying its a 50 ohm terminator. dissapointed and dont want for another wait (esp with hongkong post overloaded), i rip it apart, luckily i didnt break anything. turned out the cheapo resistor inside got its both leads shorted. DIY and now its fixed. the only good thing is, the seller is honest and did send the replacement for free. ebay seller id: chinarf...

Kiriakos-GR:
This story just ring a bell to me , about the Cheap female BNC to dual banana (adapter) .

Looks identical with the branded, but the positive connector point in the center,
has wrong diameter (larger), and causes problems.

I got two used ones made by Pomona , and this solved my problem for good.    ;)

david77:
Oh yes, that rings a bell.

Back in the days of 10Base2 LAN I made my experience with cheap china BNC plugs, terminators and T's.
Hours of fun!

Btw. I still have some 10Base2 LAN working at home & at the office. They're both long runs that I have no intention of updating as long as they work. Involves much pulling and crawling through dusty dirty spaces...

Mechatrommer:

--- Quote from: Kiriakos-GR on May 11, 2011, 11:00:27 am ---Looks identical with the branded, but the positive connector point in the center,
has wrong diameter (larger), and causes problems.

--- End quote ---
i will be really pissed off if this kind of problem is not fixable with diy. wrong... very wrong.

--- Quote from: david77 on May 11, 2011, 11:23:03 am ---Back in the days of 10Base2 LAN I made my experience with cheap china BNC plugs, terminators and T's.

--- End quote ---
i got "shorted" T as well from earlier package after several use. DIY rip apart fixed it (took out the culprit, a long thin metal wire like inside), had fun and at least i know how the cheapo T is constructed. i just dont have any idea how crappy they did their job in the factory.

vk6zgo:
Even the Tektronix through terminations aren't that brilliant when you open them up.

Just a leaded resistor,no special pcb or SMD device.

The new ones may be better, though.

They do work,until the top & bottom bits separate after many years of use.

VK6ZGO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version