Author Topic: Any experience with Manson DPD-6015 or recomendation for a similar PS ?  (Read 392 times)

Offline DC1MC

• Frequent Contributor
Hello, I consider buying this chinesium PS as there is nothing else in this range that I can afford in DE and I was wondering if somebody has any experience with it, or the other related models: DPD-1830 and DPD-3030 ?

Data sheet here:
https://www.thiecom.de/ftp/manson/dpd6015/manson-dpd6015.pdf

Of course, if you can suggest some hidden gem with similar parameter under 250EUR, it's most welcome.

Many thanks,
 DC1MC

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: Any experience with Manson DPD-6015 or recomendation for a similar PS ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 08:41:57 am »
Note these are HongKongesium not Chineseium and there is a very big difference ;) Well built and finished.

3030 thread here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/manson-dpd-3030-ps-modifications-possible/msg886288/#msg886288

Dave took a look through one of their Single supplies and I have had the 0-15V @ 60A for 10 years I guess.

https://youtu.be/bX8IIjf15qY
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:43:45 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order :)

The following users thanked this post: DC1MC

Offline DC1MC

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 09:19:36 am »
Thank Mr. Bean  ;D, it seem that the one that Dave dissected it's SMPS and (I hope) the DPD it's linear.
Anyway the DPD-3030 thread seem to be what I need, did you ever installed the multi-turn pots and output switches in the end ?
To me, right now the biggest drawback it's the single turn poti, 60V divided 270 degrees it's not too much precision :(.
But if the multi-turns works OK, then it's perfect, they're usually much more stable than the carbon ones.
Any chance of a schematic somewhere ?

Thanks and cheers,
 DC1MC

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 09:52:37 am »
You are correct on Switchmode my 60A runs well under 20mV under heavy loads it was more the tour of the build quality than anything. Hit up @shock for another opinion on the 3030 and I think he has another Manson as well?

Never found a schematic for the 3030 but I do have multiturn pots on mine now but haven't done the current set relay thing as discussed in the thread. The 6632B aquisition sees it getting a bit less use. 3030 is Linear and has relay shifting mid range btw.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf