Products > Other Equipment & Products

Any opinions on the AiXun T3A?

<< < (103/105) > >>

rosaage:

--- Quote from: Ungolian on May 14, 2022, 06:43:46 pm ---
There really isn't anything inside the handle except 3 sets of forks that make contact with the tip, and the wiring.  Yes, the forks can get bent out of alignment, but the orientation of the handle shouldn't have any effect on that.  It should always be bad.  As we've seen before, the soldering in the units can be questionable, and the handles are probably the same way.  I'd guess there is a stray piece of solder or wire inside the handle that is moving around and making contact when held vertically.  Can you hear anything rattling around inside?  Maybe tap it on a table without a tip inserted and see if you can get something to fall out.  Otherwise, just get a new handle and test it for a while with the included cheap tips.

--- End quote ---

No rattle sounds, it seems fine and solid. Tried pushing cartridges in and out and rotating, but I can't feel anything special. I'll probably just order a new handle and see if that works better. Since it also happened with the included ones afterwards I think I can try the new tips with the unit off first to be sure.
https://youtu.be/fr8UT9MZfIs As seen in the video the power bar jumps between 0 and 100%.

mastershake:
one of the handles i had they did not use heatshrink on inside and there was a short. i re soldered the leads with a bit of heat shrink on them. it didnt cause me any overheating issues though. in this case the unit did not see the handle attached. id still recc opening the handle just to take a peak. it only takes a couple minutes

rosaage:

--- Quote from: mastershake on May 16, 2022, 06:31:47 pm ---one of the handles i had they did not use heatshrink on inside and there was a short. i re soldered the leads with a bit of heat shrink on them. it didnt cause me any overheating issues though. in this case the unit did not see the handle attached. id still recc opening the handle just to take a peak. it only takes a couple minutes

--- End quote ---

I did open the handle now, and it seems like maybe one of the three contacts was rotated a bit and was touching another contact. It seems like it works ok now. It looks kind of like the holes and grooves in the plastic are a bit larger than the metal connectors so they have a bit too much room to move around inside.

Ungolian:

--- Quote from: cgf5 on May 16, 2022, 11:49:37 am ---Seems like new dual channel T245/T210 soldering station is being released - Aixun T420D. Information is rather light for now. It seems to have transformer (toroid) based power supply instead of switching? 200W rated power is bit unclear - 200W shared or for each channel?

--- End quote ---

Looks like they are competing with themselves.  Why would you buy this for (probably) $400+ when you can buy both a T3A and T3B for under $300?  Both units stacked on top of each other would also take up less space.  Not to mention questionable parts and sharing power and screen in one unit...  If something happens, both sides become useless.  The price, QC, and reputation of JBC makes that unlikely.  The same can't be said of Aixun. 

Akbar:
Had a good 3 month run before it started to malfunction..... I guess the buy nice or buy twice has come after me...... The soldering station no longer responds to the setback and when placed in the stand the temperature reading jumps...  I checked electrically and it seemed fine and tried forcing it by connecting the stand terminal to ground and still nothing.... Looking inside I found a cap that seems to be on its way out which is a sad since I sparingly use it... The soldering iron is able to dump heat into a wet sponge drawing max power without issues and maintains ~23V according to the read-out so I don't see that being the immediate cause

Disassembly ain't fun with the heavily glued front panel which I broke..... so now I have given up on something I really liked while it lasted.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version