Author Topic: Any opinions on the AiXun T3A?  (Read 229679 times)

Offline asperisedTopic starter

• Contributor
Any opinions on the AiXun T3A?
« on: July 13, 2021, 10:50:41 am »
I recently came across this soldering station available locally in my country https://www.babaocamachine.com/product/aixun-t3a-smart-soldering-station-with-t12-pen-bits-ku-is-il-stand/. It seems quite tempting to be honest with that big display and that power rating. It seems to support the standard hakko t12 tips. What do you guys think?

A quick search on aliexpress got me this https://www.aliexpress.com/af/aixun-t3a.html?d=y&origin=n&SearchText=aixun+t3a&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20210713024129
If there is magic on earth it's in the air

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
Re: Any opinions on the AiXun T3A?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2021, 11:09:09 am »
I see there is a T245 version too. I can't see why it wouldn't give decent results.

Easy100fix Store are recommended, and respond quickly to questions.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_AKt4pQ

« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 06:36:20 pm by SteveyG »
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2021, 10:42:30 pm »
Yeah this thing looks incredible for ~$100. Its overkill for T12 though, I would get the t245 version if you are going to purchase.
- 200W claimed PSU
- color LCD
- USB upgrade port
- Sleep connection to stand

If it has a decent micro inside that can be reprogrammed, and reasonable thermocouple amp, this would be gold. Cheaper than unisolder.
It looks like they are using similar method as JBC to detect sleep, a single wire connection goes to the stand.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 08:39:20 pm »
Mine is due to be delivered by the 6th August, so I'll be sure to do a teardown and test.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2021, 01:21:19 am »
Mine is due to be delivered by the 6th August, so I'll be sure to do a teardown and test.

im interested as well. where did you order it from?

Offline asperisedTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2021, 05:02:13 am »

That would be great. Unfortunately in my country only the t12 version is available and aliexpress has stopped shipping to India. I'll have to talk to the reseller if they can get me a t245 version. I'll be waiting for your teardown and review.
If there is magic on earth it's in the air

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 10:44:47 am »
It arrived today. I'll post some details later on, and the review video will be next Monday on my YouTube channel.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, slobans

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 08:16:10 pm »
cant wait to see the review on these ive been eyeing these for a bit now and am very tempted get one on the way

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 10:18:45 pm »
Just waiting for some suction cups etc. The only way to the logic board is through the glass or plastic front panel which seems to be bonded on.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 11:35:46 pm »
oh man thats a bummer. hoping it can be safely pulled apart. id love to replace my t12 stations with these if they are better. i have 5 ksger stations setup in different areas (with higher end stations on my main desk of course but i dont care much what happens to the ksgers for the price so if one walks away its not the end of the world i mean i hope they dont but still) these look awesome and i can use 245's hmmm

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 01:26:06 pm »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, RtBNL, wolfy007

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2021, 01:28:30 pm »
Main PCB Photo

The following users thanked this post: tivoi, dreamcat4

Offline illiac4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 06:01:15 pm »
There are few strange spots on the pcb. I also see some solder balls on the pcb. It needs cleaning and inspection. Mosfet seems to be the same as on KSGER boards.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 06:03:19 pm by illiac4 »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 07:18:09 pm »
In your video you said the handle was the same as the ksger i did ask the company and they told me the handles on these were interchangeable so if someone orders the 245 version they can simply swap handles / tips to use t12. im wondering if these do work with ksger and visa versa it would be great to order the 245 then also be able to use the handle for t12 when someone wants to from the ksger station on this one. have you been able to test that yet?

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 07:41:02 pm »
The T245 handles seem to be interchangeable.

I tried a T12 handle which it correctly detects, but it doesn't read back the temperature correctly  :-//

The following users thanked this post: FransW

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 07:44:03 pm »
Close up of the bodges and the connections from the iron connector

The following users thanked this post: tivoi

Offline Ungolian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 08:03:11 pm »
This looks like a winner.  Assuming it really is 200w (manufacturers have been known to overstate specs), you get better performance than the KSGER, better display, easier FW updates with USB port, sexier casing, supports 245 handle out of the box...  It's a hard upgrade to the KSGER.  Plus it's roughly the same price as a KSGER+245 handle+3 tips.  The tips are probably garbage, but having a few junk tips on hand isn't always a bad thing.  The board quality may be an issue, but most people on here should have no problem fixing a few joints.  Is it possible to get the power board out too?  Is it hot glued in or something?

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 08:34:45 pm »
I will measure the power when I can find my power meter lead. The PSU certainly seems capable though. The T12 tips seem to generally have a resistance of 8 ohms, so will consume about 72W max. The resistance of my largest JBC tip is 2.4 ohms, so potentially capable of quite a bit more!

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Ungolian, xfd1001

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 04:42:18 am »
ill mess with the handles when it gets here and see if we can get the ksger ones to work properly with it. imo it would be great especially for those who already have the ksger and order the 245 version and want to use t12 also with the same unit.

The following users thanked this post: 005

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2021, 08:37:11 am »
can you possibly verify if these work on both 110 and 220 i have had 3 different answers now. the place i ordered one from said it doesnt matter another seller said yes they are different inside and the email i got back from the company said it can be wired either way internally? im in the usa and i found a seller with a great price but they dont offer both they tell me it doesnt matter and you can use either one.

i also found a seller who sells only the handles for these so if you have the 245 and want the t12 that matches these you can just order the handle instead of a whole new system. once my order ships and i know they are legit ill post a link

Offline spanakop

• Contributor
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2021, 12:24:23 pm »
In the video, you mentioned that there was no sealing around the tip to prevent flux vapour from getting inside, on the AliExpress site, the blurb mentions a sealing ring, and that you can twist the metal ring to remove or install new tips.

Does the sealing ring actually grip the tip when you tighten the metal ring? This could be the seal to prevent flux vapour from getting in

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2021, 01:47:19 pm »
I think that's for one of the other handpieces, there's certainly nothing on the T245 style one.

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2021, 07:07:00 pm »
This looks like a winner.  Assuming it really is 200w (manufacturers have been known to overstate specs), you get better performance than the KSGER, better display, easier FW updates with USB port, sexier casing, supports 245 handle out of the box...  It's a hard upgrade to the KSGER.  Plus it's roughly the same price as a KSGER+245 handle+3 tips.  The tips are probably garbage, but having a few junk tips on hand isn't always a bad thing.  The board quality may be an issue, but most people on here should have no problem fixing a few joints.  Is it possible to get the power board out too?  Is it hot glued in or something?

I tested it with a JBC tip and it measured 200W on the power meter. Since it's supplying DC, it just supplies 24V to whatever heating element is used, so with the usual impedance of 2-4 ohms for a C245 cartridge, it just supplies full current.

The genuine JBC seemed to supply power through some kind of H-bridge arrangement, also possibly from 24V AC or at least 24V DC but with no smoothing.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Ungolian, xfd1001

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2021, 07:08:00 pm »
can you possibly verify if these work on both 110 and 220 i have had 3 different answers now. the place i ordered one from said it doesnt matter another seller said yes they are different inside and the email i got back from the company said it can be wired either way internally? im in the usa and i found a seller with a great price but they dont offer both they tell me it doesnt matter and you can use either one.

i also found a seller who sells only the handles for these so if you have the 245 and want the t12 that matches these you can just order the handle instead of a whole new system. once my order ships and i know they are legit ill post a link

I couldn't find anything to say it doesn't work on 110V. On all the packaging, there's markers for T12/C245/936 but nothing to indicate the device in the box is specific to any supply voltage - it just says 230/110V

The following users thanked this post: BlackICE

Offline dreamcat4

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2021, 07:21:25 pm »
The genuine JBC seemed to supply power through some kind of H-bridge arrangement,

yeah somebody else on the forum here found and re created the H bridge part of the circuit in their own custom controller design. it is used to switch between the T245 and T210. because in the smaller c210 cartridges it does not permit the same physical arrangement between the thermocouple and the heating element. so then the wiring it is different

in fact you can find and buy these separate rectangular extension type converter boxes on aliexpress. with a pass thu, and it has some sort of switching circuitry inside, to let you hook up BOTH t245 and t210 handles to a single input into the soldering station (of t245). but you cannot use both handles at the same time

of course another interesting accessory are the nano tweezers. and the nano handle (singular). but heavens knows how those are wired up

the other consideration is that all of these smaller jbc handles are all of a lower power rating. and also they have different thermocouple coefficients. so ideally you really need the firmware in the base station to be configurable to accommodate the differences

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf