Products > Other Equipment & Products

Any opinions on the Aixun T420D?

<< < (25/26) > >>

Tor Björn:

--- Quote from: Astray on April 27, 2024, 04:02:53 pm ---Do you have a photo or diagram of how the wire to the tall stand is connected to the main station?

--- End quote ---
Yes, you can see additionally installed pin #4 in plug of T115A handle on my photos in post #115. One end of extra wire is soldered to this pin, other end - connected to the "tall stand" (pre-disabled from "stanby" yellow pair internally in holder).

--- Quote from: Astray on April 27, 2024, 04:02:53 pm ---Is that standby pin just a ground pin or something different?
--- End quote ---
"Stanby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 are internally pulled up (to 3.3V) different pins of microcontroller. When you insert a handle to cradle (connected to pin #4) or tip of cartridge to extractor (connected to pin #3) you push these pins to gnd, and can see a state "stanby" or "extract" on station's display. T245 handle have a gnd on metal ring, T115A have a gnd both on metal tip and on metal shank near rubber cable gland.

--- Quote from: Astray on April 27, 2024, 04:02:53 pm ---Wondering if might not be possible to internally connect the standby pins of both channels inside the main station so there's no need to run an extra wire.
--- End quote ---
No. "Stanby" pin #4, "extractor" pin #3 of channel #1, and "Stanby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 of channel #2 are FOUR different pins of MC.

--- Quote from: Astray on April 27, 2024, 04:02:53 pm ---In hindsight, the cheapest maneuver was probably buying a T405 unit and hoping to get sent one with T420D firmware...
--- End quote ---
All sellers warned me that T405 only works with T115 handle and T410 only works with T210 handle:

Maybe this words are "chinese half-truth" and these kits  have the same hosts with same transfos (less powerful than T420/420d) that can work with both T115 and T210 handles but not at same time.

Astray:

--- Quote from: Tor Björn on April 27, 2024, 06:58:11 pm ---Yes, you can see additionally installed pin #4 in plug of T115A handle on my photos in post #115. One end of extra wire is soldered to this pin, other end - connected to the "tall stand" (pre-disabled from "stanby" yellow pair internally in holder).

--- End quote ---
Okay, so I think a finally understand. You have 2 wires coming out of the socket that connects to one of the ports of the back and one of those wires is going to the tall stand with arm for the T115 handle. I think a photo of the back of your main unit with all the wires would be very helpful to others in the future if they want to do the same mod. I will be doing it myself once I get the T115 handle in the mail.

--- Quote from: Tor Björn on April 27, 2024, 06:58:11 pm ---"Stanby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 are internally pulled up (to 3.3V) different pins of microcontroller. When you insert a handle to cradle (connected to pin #4) or tip of cartridge to extractor (connected to pin #3) you push these pins to gnd, and can see a state "stanby" or "extract" on station's display. T245 handle have a gnd on metal ring, T115A have a gnd both on metal tip and on metal shank near rubber cable gland.

No. "Stanby" pin #4, "extractor" pin #3 of channel #1, and "Stanby" pin #4 and "extractor" pin #3 of channel #2 are FOUR different pins of MC.

--- End quote ---
Oh, so if either the tip or the metal rings on the handle touch the stand then those pins will be grounded and tell the microcontroller to put the handles in sleep mode! This is very helpful.

Even if you connect those pins together with a resistor in the inside the unit it would cause both handles to be in sleep mode if either one of them was grounded so that would defeat the purpose.

--- Quote from: Tor Björn on April 27, 2024, 06:58:11 pm ---Maybe this words are "chinese half-truth" and these kits  have the same hosts with same transfos (less powerful than T420/420d) that can work with both T115 and T210 handles but not at same time.

--- End quote ---
I'm a bit doubtful they are different hardware, but very possibly have different firmware/software that would prevent using a dual station. It's already too late anyways, I have my unit even though I select the wrong handle and now have a T210 handle and 3 tips that I did not need or want haha. The seller is sending me the correct T245 handle but not the tips because I made a mistake while ordering. This mistake ended up costing me $30 extra unfortunately :'(

Tor Björn:

--- Quote from: Astray on April 27, 2024, 07:32:54 pm ---I think a photo of the back of your main unit with all the wires would be very helpful to others in the future if they want to do the same mod.

--- End quote ---
I agree with you, Astray. I specifically re-disassembled the holder and captured the necessary changes ;)

Astray:
Anyone embarking on the modification that Tor Björn did, the solder iron stand base has screws under the two front feet so you can get access to the grounding wire you need to disconnect.

digger:
i'm trying to select which T420D variant to get.

can someone please clarify which genuine JBC handles work with it and under what conditions? for example, do some handles only work on the left or right cradle, and do some handles need modification?

--- Quote from: GnomeZA on December 31, 2023, 10:52:32 am ---I want the "genuine" JBC experience without JBC prices and I'm doing that using the genuine hand piece and tips :-//

--- End quote ---

i feel the same way.

there are various bundles for sale on this T420D listing for example.
it seems like you can get basically any combination of two or three of: 245, 210, 115

it has been said that genuine T245 works without modification, and since that would likely be my most used handle, i am inclined to get a genuine JBC T245 and then get the T420D bundle with the aixun T210 & T115. that way, i can judge for myself if the genuine handles seem any better, and i can upgrade to genuine T210 and/or T115 at my leisure.

however, i am confused by some things i have read:

--- Quote from: GnomeZA on December 31, 2023, 12:42:30 pm ---T115 for sure is different it has a different connector.

--- End quote ---

so the genuine T115 has a connector that's not present on the T420D? but i could probably work around that, right? since i'd have an aixun T115 on hand, i could just reuse its connector on a genuine T115?

--- Quote from: GnomeZA on January 07, 2024, 10:27:24 am ---
--- Quote from: breeze1113 ---At this moment I can only connect the t245 hand piece to the left side base and the 210 to the right one.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

wait... so am i potentially screwing myself by getting the T210 & T115 combo!? is it possible that i won't be able to use a T245 (genuine or aixun)?  |O

i wonder if it would be somehow safer to spend slightly more on the combo with all three handles...

in summary, i guess my questions are:

* genuine T245 "just works", right? i think the answer is yes...
* ...but it only works in certain cradles?
* do you think it's possible to end up with a T240D combo that does NOT work with T245?
* how about genuine T210 and T115?
thanks a lot :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version