Author Topic: Anybody try removing QFP with Quick 957DW+ or have any experience with the unit?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline ogdentoTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hi all,
I've seen some posts on the Quick 951D/DW/DW+ rework stations, including some great teardown info from blueskull in nidlaX's review... but I haven't seen anything talking about whether and/or how well the product works.

I'm looking for an inexpensive station to occasionally remove some smd micro switches, 8-pin soic chips, and maybe a QFP-112 (20x20mm-ish) chip or two.

The unit comes with 3 nozzles and they do sell a 20x20 QFP nozzle too - does anybody have any positive or negative related experience they can share?

(also, I do know the 861 is better, and I may go that route but I'm not going to use this thing that often)

Thanks,
Tom

Offline sn4k3

• Frequent Contributor
Almost any station will do for "occasionall" work and the chips you are saying.
About custom nozzles i'm a bit lazy and i always use the same round 8mm nozzle, you can do almost everything with it.
I have the 861DW, great machine  :-+
I find it easy to remove plastic parts like switch, FPC, etc without melt them, 280-300ºc is good for me. Also it can rework big BGA chips, i have done some CPU replacements on TV mains, still a preheater for big chips are recommended.

BGA with critical nearby chips with underfill are also kinda of easy, just protect what you need, blast it a max. airflow (120) at 320-330ºc. It will desolder lead free BGA without mess with other area. This work with iPhone which have big thermals

Online wraper

• Supporter
You'd be able to remove those packages without any special nozzles.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf