Author Topic: be careful if you have to repair the best BST-863  (Read 1211 times)

Offline mastershakeTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
be careful if you have to repair the best BST-863
« on: June 21, 2022, 02:13:47 am »
the lcd touch display pcb literally falls apart with almost any kind of heat. the traces just fell off the board. i dont think ive ever seen this bad of a pcb quality. i could have stared the traces down and they would have fell off. pads gone. ive been soldering for 30 years never seen anything so bad. its that bad.

on another note would anyone have one of these that doesnt work they would be willing to sell the lcd and board or the whole front pcb?? i sent best a few emails and never heard back. its a shame it was a great unit until today. ill see about running trace wires somehow but im afraid to even touch this pcb with any heat. im hoping its just a one off issue. i can replace it for around 200$ but i dont need the whole unit.

Offline taste_tester

• Regular Contributor
Re: be careful if you have to repair the best BST-863
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 02:27:47 am »
This looks like a unit i've seen sold under several different brand names. BEST is just one of those "companies" that slaps a logo and model# on a pre existing item and call it a day.  If you message a lot of Aliexpress/Banggood/Etc sellers you may find someone willing to sell you just the screen. Checking youtube reviews of the BST863 should help you find the same thing under a few different names I am sure i've seen it under at least one other name but don't remember unfortunately. good luck.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 03:15:31 am »
well as i was checking this response i ended up getting a reply. i will update what they say.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 09:31:44 pm »
parts ordered. shipping was insane though cost wise. once they get here ill update. only 13$ for the touchpanel and board but almost 60$ for shipping they only use dhl express

Offline SteveyG

• Supporter
  • Soldering Equipment Guru
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2022, 12:03:26 pm »
This looks like a unit i've seen sold under several different brand names. BEST is just one of those "companies" that slaps a logo and model# on a pre existing item and call it a day.  If you message a lot of Aliexpress/Banggood/Etc sellers you may find someone willing to sell you just the screen. Checking youtube reviews of the BST863 should help you find the same thing under a few different names I am sure i've seen it under at least one other name but don't remember unfortunately. good luck.

I don't believe there to be any identical model under a different brand for the 863.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/sdgelectronics/
Use code: “SDG5” to get 5% off JBC Equipment at Kaisertech

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2022, 02:37:35 am »
correct there was none that i could find. the lcd pcb traces literally FELL apart to the point where id need another one or a schem to know where they go to. if i sneezed on it they would come off. i did order another one when i get it im going to take some nice high res pics of the traces in case i have an issue again so i know where they all go lol.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf