Author Topic: Must See. Design flaw Clamp meter "UNI-T"  (Read 3728 times)

Offline ammjyTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Must See. Design flaw Clamp meter "UNI-T"
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:37:46 am »
i got this UNI-T UT210E in AliExpress. and i opened case. see.

Really Design Flaw. Spring have big tension, but, support wall is so thin. maby 1 mm.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Must "Open Disput" !!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:40:02 am by ammjy »

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Must See. Design flaw Clamp meter "UNI-T"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:50:20 am »
Did it fail?   

It looks OK  to me, the "wall" is braced at either end and appears to have a brace in the middle as well.  My "reckon" as a lay person (not a mech eng) is that it looks about right.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline ModemHead

• Frequent Contributor
  • No user-serviceable parts inside.
    • Mr. ModemHead
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 01:24:30 am »
Mine has a small crack also.  But I don't expect it to fail anytime soon, since there is a mating brace on the other half of the case.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 01:27:08 am »
Oh I didn't get that the indicated point was a crack I thought it was ridge for bracing.  In that case, yes, design flaw. 
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:59:31 am »
i got this UNI-T UT210E in AliExpress. and i opened case. see.

Really Design Flaw. Spring have big tension, but, support wall is so thin. maby 1 mm.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Must "Open Disput" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with the cover off, I have opened the jaws on mine several times without it cracking.  Look at the pictures in the following thread. 

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/a-look-at-the-uni-t-ut210e/

The following users thanked this post: ammjy

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 09:18:09 am »
Must open disput for something seller hasnt done?! You musnt thinking straight. and you took it apart? beeep! warranty terminated! You are lucky for that flaw, mine (smaller clamp ut202 iirc) was dead by just spending most of its time in the shelf. just wait..
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:32:32 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 02:18:42 pm »
Oh I didn't get that the indicated point was a crack I thought it was ridge for bracing.  In that case, yes, design flaw.

yep.. it's maby QC fail or really design flaw.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 02:21:47 pm »
Must open disput for something seller hasnt done?! You musnt thinking straight. and you took it apart? beeep! warranty terminated! You are lucky for that flaw, mine (smaller clamp ut202 iirc) was dead by just spending most of its time in the shelf. just wait..

hook push feel was not stable. so i opened and found. i'm sorry that your clamp meter dead !

Offline mcinque

• Supporter
  • I know that I know nothing
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 07:37:32 pm »

It's not a design flaw. The clamps are not designed to be opened with the back cover removed: the back cover has another, bigger support dent that fits the lower one and distribute the force on a wider surface.

...there is a mating brace on the other half of the case.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:40:58 pm by mcinque »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 05:59:57 am »

It's not a design flaw. The clamps are not designed to be opened with the back cover removed: the back cover has another, bigger support dent that fits the lower one and distribute the force on a wider surface.

when i opened, i didn't push hook. after open, straight found. maby, i was no luck.

Offline rch

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 10:14:28 am »

when i opened, i didn't push hook. after open, straight found. maby, i was no luck.

If generally the design seems to work for most people, all the more reason you should be given a replacement one from your seller.  The moulding may be defective and crack more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf